Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: RSPB (Loch Garten)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:13 pm 

RSPB's Website (tracking Mallachie and Rothes). Both Mallachie and Rothes should start their first return migration this season.

JAZZEL :wink:

Post subject: Re: RSPB (Loch Garten)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:19 am 

Oh please tell me you know something I don't know :-) ( I hope I hope) I thought that Mallachie hasn't been heard from since like Dec 2009.
they lost her signal then and were praying that she'd come back so they could see her bands
Which would be the most exciting thing ever for me
Now Rothes I just looked and she is still flitting around in Guinea-Bissau well as of the27th of Feb.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:56 am 

kittenface wrote:
Oh please tell me you know something I don't know :-) ( I hope I hope) I thought that Mallachie hasn't been heard from since like Dec 2009.
they lost her signal then and were praying that she'd come back so they could see her bands
Which would be the most exciting thing ever for me
Now Rothes I just looked and she is still flitting around in Guinea-Bissau well as of the27th of Feb.

Kitten, link to the maps...that's why I started this. The UK Osprey Satellite Tracking sites are not like Rob's...
They're all over the place :-? ....what do you know? Post it...with links. Migration is a major osprey topic...

JAZZEL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:50 am 

Well this is where I start

the I go down to The Osprey on the right then find which one I want to know about
Also I get google Earth and I can find dates and where they are.
I'll tell you this google earth is great.
Here is 3 pictures of Rothes travels as of Feb.27th 2011
1) is the whole jouney 2)is about where she was as of the 27th 3) she's in that mess somewhere :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:50 am 

Kitten, I have them on Google Earth, that doesn't help when they stop transmitting. Transmitters can stop for many reasons, RSPB hasn't given up on her. Because she has a BTO color band, they will be looking for her this season, as they say here.

JAZZEL :wink:

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:18 am 

Kitten, posting this update on RSPB (Loch Garten)...to say don't give up on Mallachie :loveheart2:

All the adults have been home for a while. Now we have our last bird moving. Buck, born in South Carolina back in '09 is back in the states. His movements are further confirmation that the young birds are an apparently never-ending source of surprises. It looks like he's going to take us on an interesting ride.

http://www.bioweb.uncc.edu/Bierregaard/migration11.htm

Another bit of exciting news is the recent sighting of a satellite tagged Osprey on Martha's Vineyard's south shore. It was on an nest pole (no nest) with another Osprey. It wasn't any of the birds we are currently following, so it has to be an old bird whose radio went dead. Our most likely candidate is Conomo, born in Lobsterville on the Vineyard back in '07. He came back in '09. We lost his signal over in CT sort of all of a sudden, with no further messages. We've got an APB out on him. If he starts showing up somewhere, we might be able to get a spotting scope on him and try to get a reading on his band.

Rob

JAZZEL :smile:

Post subject: Re: RSPB (Loch Garten) ~ 2010 - 2011
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:34 am 

Now isn't that great news sure hope it turns out good there and they can confirm it is him
And I won't give up yet really on any of them now that would be great if any of them that they said was lost would show up they never found any bodies of any of them so there is still a small chance

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]