Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 64  Next
 Post subject: Re: CSU ORANGE ~ 2014
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:32 pm 

Watching Swift at the moment it is obvious that she is quite excited and is watching and shouting as opposed to preening. I wonder what is going on?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:58 pm 

As Bev has said we may never have a good sight of the juvie. Last year I could not find red, I went up and down latters and all around on roof tops , it was the last known spot that we say him. I came back to the parkade and then Peter and others did a head count. And could not believe that we had 4 heads. I wish I could send Bev and Peter to you so they could look for Aspro.. Bev always keeps a keen eye , and has the falcon whisper in her.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:23 pm 
Site Admin

Beau is in his own little world...LOL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:30 pm 

Beau

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:33 pm 
Site Admin

I really wasn't set up to document this very well...Beau sees Swift coming...

Brief bonding (or Swift telling him to leave...hard to know..)

Leaving Swift in the box...who is now preening near the door..

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:38 pm 

She's having a very thorough preen. I love watching her having those bowing sessions with Beau!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:56 am 

Evening with Swift :girlluv:

5.49 pm Swift before night :shower :zzzzz

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:33 am 

New update from Cilla. Still no news. :girlsad3:

Thanks to all those who have sent video etc. I do actually have access to these through our recording video, but can’t see any clear pattern as to direction of exit flights, especially those with food. Often the bird has gone to the roost tree, and in at least one case, the adult has come back to the nest box to finish the food. This is clearly not a good sign.

But I haven’t abandoned all hope. If Aspro is still alive and well, she should be flying by now (43 days old), or at least being more active, and there should be more obvious signs.

I’m going out now for a scout about and will be around over the weekend as well to have a look and a listen

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:23 pm 

... I repeat ... the strange thing is that when Aspro fell Swift came immediately to the nest and remained there ..... how far could have done Aspro Swift ???? Why not tried ?? ?? Last photo of Aspro hours before 5.03pm photos of Swift nest at 5.11pm then flew off at 5.45pm has remained so to the nest .....And 'as it disappeared into thin air .... so

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:34 pm 

:girlsad3: COLIBRI67, I WANT ASPRO TO BE ALIVE! NO ONE WILL JUMP FOR JOY HIGHER THAN ME IF SHE IS FOUND ALIVE! MY GREATEST CONCERN WAS THE WIND FORCED HER AGAINST A BUILDING OR OBJECT ON THE WAY DOWN CAUSING INJURY OR DEATH. I JUST AS YOU WERE WATCHING THE CAM RIGHT BEFORE AND AFTER THE ACCIDENTAL FLEDGE AND COULD EASILY SEE THE STRENGTH OF THOSE WINDS. I TOO WAS IMMEDIATELY STRUCK BY SWIFTS BEHAVIOR. I HAVE WITHHELD COMMENT DIRECTLY ON ISSUE AS PEOPLE WERE LOOKING FOR POSITIVE VIBES IN THE FACE OF THIS UNFORTUNATE INCIDENT. I HAVE THOUGHT BACK TO DART @ COLUMBUS WHO WAS NOT SEEN FOR WEEKS AFTER HIS FLEDGE! I BELIEVE HE WAS IN THE AREA, WE JUST DID NOT SEE HIM ON CAM. I DO THINK THEIR CHANCES TO SEE ASPRO IN AREA ARE GREATER @ ORANGE AS THEY DO NOT HAVE THE INTERFERENCE OF ALL THE SKYSCRAPERS SIDE BY SIDE WITH NOOKS AND CRANNIES. IT HAS BEEN HEARTBREAKING!!! YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN YOUR THOUGHTS AND REACTIONS.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:05 pm 

Swift

6.02 empty

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:08 pm 

:girlsad3: SWINWK also she was alive I would love it so much .... I hope it's just the behavior of Swift that left me puzzled .... and maybe even the fact that there is no sound .... we can not hear like when Mac Minesota fell down .... his parents rushed and we could hear it first and then also vederlo.Speriamo research give good results and that she is already flitting from tree to tree

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:24 pm 

I'm not giving up yet, I still think we will see her fly in when we least expect it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:05 pm 

6.49 am The delegation breakfast, for whom ??? :girlcrazy:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:10 pm 

:teehee: IT'S REALLY GONE BEAU! SHE DOESN'T WASTE ANY TIME ...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:14 pm 
Site Admin

Great catch, loza!! Ya know, the way Swift snags that food reminds me of a female grabbing food to go feed a chick...maybe that's just my wishful thinking...but, I'm not giving up yet either....

(and Swift HAS eaten in the box before...soooooooooooooooooooooooooo, why doesn't she stay to eat?....)

Beau currently in the door, looking exhausted already...LOL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:26 pm 
Site Admin

SWINWK wrote:
:girlsad3: COLIBRI67, I WANT ASPRO TO BE ALIVE! NO ONE WILL JUMP FOR JOY HIGHER THAN ME IF SHE IS FOUND ALIVE! MY GREATEST CONCERN WAS THE WIND FORCED HER AGAINST A BUILDING OR OBJECT ON THE WAY DOWN CAUSING INJURY OR DEATH. I JUST AS YOU WERE WATCHING THE CAM RIGHT BEFORE AND AFTER THE ACCIDENTAL FLEDGE AND COULD EASILY SEE THE STRENGTH OF THOSE WINDS. I TOO WAS IMMEDIATELY STRUCK BY SWIFTS BEHAVIOR. I HAVE WITHHELD COMMENT DIRECTLY ON ISSUE AS PEOPLE WERE LOOKING FOR POSITIVE VIBES IN THE FACE OF THIS UNFORTUNATE INCIDENT. I HAVE THOUGHT BACK TO DART @ COLUMBUS WHO WAS NOT SEEN FOR WEEKS AFTER HIS FLEDGE! I BELIEVE HE WAS IN THE AREA, WE JUST DID NOT SEE HIM ON CAM. I DO THINK THEIR CHANCES TO SEE ASPRO IN AREA ARE GREATER @ ORANGE AS THEY DO NOT HAVE THE INTERFERENCE OF ALL THE SKYSCRAPERS SIDE BY SIDE WITH NOOKS AND CRANNIES. IT HAS BEEN HEARTBREAKING!!! YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN YOUR THOUGHTS AND REACTIONS.

many things could have happened, that's for sure!!! I think we've all thought them...plus we've seen what can happen, even with a "chick" that fledges on time. Aspro could have grounded, been picked up by a predator and carried off, could have crash landed on the roof of a near by building, could have glided to safety anywhere!! The possibilities are endless. without somebody on the ground for 12 hr days to watch/listen/track the parents..... I think if she is safe somewhere, then during the next few days she should be spotted as she makes short flights. I think that's why so many of us still have our fingers crossed!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:32 pm 

SGB :waveleaf:

6.50 am -7.58 am

Visit Beau in the nest , departures and return
:girlluv:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:12 pm 
Site Admin

Something caught Beau's attention and he just left (well, a few minutes ago..) then there was a fly up (I'm guessing Swift) Swift (?) was either perched in the dead tree or flew through it...and she may have landed on top of the box...not sure where she went..pics coming..

I had another thought...if Aspro is no longer with us (boo hoo)..then why is Beau still bringing food to Swift? We usually don't see regular food gifts unless its during courtship or feeding chicks....soooooooo, why is Beau bringing food for Swift...curious...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:19 pm 
Site Admin

Beau saw something and took off

A few seconds later...

Whomever that was, landed somewhere because I saw the feet come out and tail go down..so he/she was putting on the brakes!!

I also reversed the recording and tracked him/her back all the way to the dead tree.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 64  Next