Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DON MILLS, 2018
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:47 pm 
Site Admin

2017 Cam Link:

Female: Quest-b/g 96/V
Male: Skye-bl 50/X

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: DON MILLS, 2018
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:24 am 

skygirlblue wrote:

2017 Cam Link:

Female: Quest-b/g 96/V
Male: Skye-bl 50/X

Skye disappeared in May of 2016, McKinney became Quest’s new mate then was euthanized, after suffering devastating injuries, in June 2016. Quest’s mate has been an unbanded male since fledge time 2016 and all through the 2017 season.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:27 am 
Global Moderator

Thanks Kris, so many nests with so many turnovers.
I can't keep USA straight :) then add in all the International
nests :)

Happy New Year Kris :1snowmancarrot:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:23 am 

Beth wrote:
Thanks Kris, so many nests with so many turnovers.
I can't keep USA straight :) then add in all the International
nests :)

Happy New Year Kris :1snowmancarrot:

I know how hard it is but people on here do a great job keeping track of all! I just know this nest well because Quest is one of ours and i’ve followed her since she was egg...lol!
Happy New Year, Beth! :snowgirl:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:53 am 

From the Canadian Peregrine Foundation Facebook page:

Quote:
4 boys at Duncan Mill Road! A few pics from today's (May 29) banding. We welcome THOR (X/83, 19 days, 700 g, green tape), TT (X/84, 19 days, 625 g, red tape), LOKI (X/85, 17 days, 520 g, yellow tape), VELCRO (X/87, 18 days, 520 g, blue tape). Quest and Mystery Guy have been feeding their boys very well .. all had full crops! Wishing them safe and successful fledges! Cheers, Lucie

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:10 am 

thanks DEF

I miss this site because I too followed quest form an egg

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:03 pm 
Site Admin

To good not to post...From Facebook

An incredible story of 'brotherly love' from Duncan Mill that deserves to have its own post! VELCRO continues to amaze us with his flying skills and now he has done something even more amazing!
    THOR was back on the roof of the nest building after his second rescue last night and ready to start another day. When he took flight this afternoon from the southwest corner of the roof, he headed into open space and we had no idea where he was going to land. Suddenly, another falcon took off at jet speed after him and guided him back, but THOR, now heading towards #225, looked like he was going to hit the building. Again, he was intercepted and guided back to the roof of the nest building where both falcons landed safely. When we looked through our bins, we were flabbergasted! to find that it was not a parent but his brother VELCRO!!!! who came to his assistance. I immediately took this photo (Velcro on the left). An intervention like this is done by a parent, and none of the fledge watchers have witnessed another fledgling performing this action!! Way to go VELCRO

pic by Lucie

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:38 pm 

:loveshow: :loveshow:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:18 am 

amazing . we learn something new every day

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:40 am 

From Canadian Peregrine Foundation Facebook page :

Quote:
Update from Duncan Mill ..
LOKI enters the limelight! Last week, LOKI came to ground and I thought he was such an easy rescue. Turns out poor little fellow was banged up bad so he did not argue. He was given some down time and put back on the roof to recuperate. But, as it happened, we had to 'get help' and LOKI was taken to Toronto Wildlife Centre on Sunday, where we were very happy to find that he was just bruised and there were no fractures or breaks!! TWC was awesome and released him back into the care of CPF .. lucky little dude got to stay at the NASH B&B, where he was pampered and fed .. and Monday morning brought back up to the nest roof, fed some more and released. Well, before we even got down the elevator and back to the fledge watch area, he was flapping his wings and showing that he was ready to go! But he didn't go that day!! On Tuesday morning however, he was found on the ground near number 225 and then took a low flight around the building and landed on a low ledge. Spooked by some strange sound, he took off and landed on a transformer!! just outside number 240 where I now started to watch him. I'm assuming he had enough of the robins, sparrows and goldfinches voicing their displeasure that he finally left and headed south between number 225 and number 255 and .. I lost him. I spent the rest of the day searching and hoping .. and then .. at the end of the day, fellow fledge watcher Cathy and I went up the parking garage where we spotted him on a nearby school roof. The day ended well and I'm hoping for more good news tomorrow. Some photos from today and yesterday .. Cheers, Lucie