Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: ETOBICOKE, ONTARIO~2019-2023
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:47 pm 
Site Admin

Cam Link:

D'Arcey
Lucky: bl Y/72

O'Connor (b/g M/87) lost territory in 2018.

Post subject: Re: ETOBICOKE, ONTARIO~2019
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:43 pm 

SGBFEMALE is D'Arcy see

:NEWYEAR17:

01/03 11.42 am Lucky waiting , waiting . Meeting with D'Arcy. He departure

https://youtu.be/NClanSpb3s0

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:44 am 

:loveheart: D’Arcy is by herself at the nestbox. Hmmm looks like scaffolding ropes(?) hanging off the building. Well at least they are working on the building on the building before nesting season.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:59 am 

:loveheart: D’Arcy, I think visiting the nest box.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:49 am 

Tsusan dear, I have a stuck image for 01/03 look, do you too? :girlsad3:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:23 am 

:hithere: Hello, Loza, yes I see the cam is froze. I hope they reboot it soon!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:12 am 

Canadian Peregrine Foundation fb

Lucky (Y/72) and D'Arcy (69/BC) at Humber Bay Park, Etobicoke

:newsnow6: :1snowflake2: :3snowflake:

Beautiful photos, beautiful falcons. :8snowflake:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:09 pm 

From FB Julie Curl

I thought you might enjoy seeing some photos of D'Arcy (69/BC)
and also a couple with Lucky (Y/72) at Humber Bay Park in Etobicoke.
These fabulous pics were taken by NIKON GUY,
who was definitely at the right place and at the right time!!
If you're sharing these, please note they are not my photos and all credit goes to NIKON GUY.
Cheers, Lucie

More beautiful pictures

Unfortunately, the preview on the socket is closed :tantrum2:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:44 pm 

:loveheart: Thanks for bringing these over, Loza!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:18 am 

Dutch Eagle Fan wrote:
Canada news:
Quote:
Some confusing news to report from the Etobicoke nest site at Bloor & islington…
- All Reports
Mark Nash Reports:

Friday March 29th - 2019

Unfortunately we have some mixed news and updates to report from the Etobicoke nest site at Bloor & Islington nest site.

The good news,,, is at least there is a pair that is very visible and quite territorial at the Bloor & Islington nest site. Both adults were observed on the nest ledge, with one adult standing in the nest tray itself and the other roosting on the top of the internal nest ledge camera housing during my visit. Both adults seemed to be quite relaxed and content to soak up the afternoon sun and enjoy the warm mild temps this afternoon. This in comparison to the chilly windy temps that we have been experiencing over the past weeks!

The afternoon sun and warm temps were very soothing indeed, and with absolutely no wind to chill anything down, even I didn’t want to leave my rooftop elevation! It was incredibly relaxing!! Neither of the two adults seemed to be very interested or concerned at my presence from the adjacent rooftop, as they both remained in their roosting spots on the nest tray and camera housing throughout my entire visit. I didn’t even get a scolding or even a second look! It did appear that they had other things on their minds,, (each-other) :-))

The unusual and somewhat disturbing news is that there was a peregrine egg clearly visible on the concrete portion of the nest ledge itself,, (several feet away from and outside of the nest tray), with neither adults showing any interests in the abandoned egg. Incredibly, the egg was perfectly intact!!

The not so good news,

: despite all of my efforts to try and restart the the nest cameras, sadly I was unable to get either of the cameras back on line to produce and up-load a live image :-(

It looks like its going to take the technicians and good folks at Daymar and their expertise to get things back up / online and running again. The new digital security cameras that they installed for us several season ago that replaced our older 1997 analog nest cam are far more sophisticated for me to deal with, especially without the specialized electronic equipment needed to deal with this type of challenge.

We have contacted Daymar and advised them that we have some challenges with the cameras and in need of their assistance….
Stay tuned…. we will get the camera’s back online soon……..

Until then,, its back to the old way of doing things,,, you remember,, the basics….. feet and eyes in the street, bins at hand… and time in!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:34 pm 

Kathy Majich from Toronto sent me this picture taken by Lucie hoping I could confirm ID of a tiercel 13/N (b/r). He arrived and has been seen by the boots on the ground with Aria at a condo complex in Etobicoke. No cam and exact location is not being divulged.
Apparently Aria was ousted at the old location and moved here. Then Mr. Right, :flirty: a 2013 hatch from Gary Indiana came along! She reports :newegg: :newegg: :newegg: so far!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:09 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks gigi..and thanks Kathy!!

Apparently, the cam is working, but not the internet connection. Neither of the current Etobicoke pair has been ID'd, according to CPF.

As of 4/10, per CPF, incubation has begun!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:08 am 

I remember this site. jack took it over, when there were chicks. I will not divulge where, as we wee sworn ot secrecy back then. We had access to a cam ( not great one) and we monitored it to make sure chicks were being fed. sometimes food mysteriously appeared :egg7: . the female ignored Jack as her duties were to her chicks. maybe you were par to f that SGB.
it was discovered the, that jack had another site at ETobikoke.
anyhow the 3 chicks to juveniles did well. I do believe that after they dispersed, one was killed at an airport??
anyhow I am glad this is still a site, but sad to see ma was displaced this year. she was a good one. :7val:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:33 pm 

:hatchegg: On Facebook, Canadian Peregrine Foundation announced a hatch for D’Arcy and Lucky at Etobicoke.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:30 pm 

From Canadian Peregrine Foundation, Marion Nash Reports:
June 3 “Unfortunately we were not able to safely extract the chicks from the ledge for banding today. Mom had brought in food and coaxed the chicks out of the nest and down the. Ledge to be fed. They were just too far down the ledge for us to reach, and the slanted ledge is not safe for us to climb out onto to grab them. We will have to band the hicks if and when they come to the ground at fledge time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:47 am 

From Canadian Peregrine Foundation

More photos from banding day - June 4
June 14, 2019 - Etobicoke - Sun Life Centre
Cathy Kerr Reports:
While banding was going on inside, there was much activity outside as first-time mom, D’ARCY, was defending her nest. Lucie got some photos before, during and after banding

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:39 am 

From Canadian Peregrine Foundation

June 18th ETOBICOKE FLEDGE WATCH UPDATE

- All Reports

Marion Nash Reports:
And so it begins. No fledges today but they are imminent and that you can take to the bank. The adults are both sticking to the chicks like glue. One on the camera mount and the other in intercept position on the roof area or swing stage posts. Food is coming in less and less, touch and go’s are happening and the adults are clearing the air. Rob took the morning shift and saw food go into the ledge and lots of excitement around the idea of eating. Lots of wing flapping and then naptime flopping. Lucie was in for the afternoon into evening shift and had much of the same thing with the exception of the parents taking it to a crow. When I got down there the kids had been sleeping for a while and now that the temperatures were cooling down they were on their feet and being little pests. Biting each other, wing flap-running the ledge and just all over the map with tons of energy. I watched the parents take off on at least 5 hunting forays and the last one netted the kids a small morsel which they fought over and the female chick won that fight handily. She’s a tank. The picture isn’t great (tired and dark) but you can see just what a monster this girl is. It was almost dark before the flapping and running stopped and when it did it stopped dead. Flop and drop on the ledge just tuckered right out. More tomorrow I am sure!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:06 pm 

Canadian Peregrine Foundation
14 godz

ETOBICOKE FLEDGE WATCH UPDATE -

This morning Avro who spent the night on the mezzanine came down and was rescued by Rob. Aries was doing well at this point having spent the night on a balcony rail of the falcon towers in the rain but was now up high and on the Starlight building. Griffon was still unaccounted for and Bliss the tank was on the ledge. Aries then took another flight that ended with a collision with the nest building and a flutter down to the street where Rob was waiting to scoop him up into a carrier. He dinged himself above his left eye and so was watched carefully throughout the day. Marion took a call at CPF head office from a tenant in an office suite of the nest building complex who had a bird down on the mezzanine area but this was not to be good news. Griffon was located on the upper mezzanine area and had suffered a fatal strike with the building. Lucie came in to relieve Rob and keep an eye on Bliss on the ledge. Lucky and Darcy spent the day looking for their three lost boys and you could tell they were very concerned. They would take turns making exhaustive searches for the three to no avail. Mark arrived and retrieved the body of Griffon as well as checked in on Aries and Avro. This evening, while Lucie and Cathy kept a close eye, Mark and I went topside to release the two boys back to their very anxious parents. The release went perfectly and Darcy was on the swing stage arms of the nest building in a flash. Lucky also made a very excited appearance on the roof visiting his newly rediscovered boys. One juvenile took a really good flight over to the Starlight building and landed smartly at roof level. The second juvenile took flight shortly thereafter and after bumping the condos and then circling around to make for home, he bumped the nest building and is spending the night at about half the height of the nest building on the edge of a balcony on the condos. While we are greatly saddened at the loss of Griffon so early on, we are grateful for the help of all of our amazing volunteers who have helped to save and keep this family as safe as we humans can. Thank you Rob, Lucie, Mark, Marion and Cathy for the great job so far. I will be down as early as I can tomorrow morning for the opening shift. More to come.

:tissue:
GRIFFON

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: ETOBICOKE, ONTARIO~2019-2020
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

Post subject: Re: ETOBICOKE, ONTARIO~2019-2020
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:41 am 

:flirty: Aria at the nest box this morning! Only the “close up” cam seems to be working.....

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next