Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 876 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
 Post subject: Re: EDMONTON, ALBERTA (U OF A, WEBER)~2014
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:28 pm 

i create d this video from some o f Peters pictures. Jean had seen red and we were not sure but this day, they gave us the performance of their lives. They stooped pigeons as a team and then ripped up the skies. Red is a firecracker and blue is steady but together they make a team and a half. When blue has had enough, she lands and Red teases her.

when all is said an d done , they stick together , they are close

when we left them august 12, red was on netting adn Blue on ledge below and Radisson watched voer then from CP

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:53 pm 

Thank you so much, Bev - for those of us who haven't taken any pictures ourselves, it is so wonderful to have you post yours. I appreciate it so much and the slideshow is amazing, definitely worth all your hard work!

I have high hopes of visiting the U of A one evening this week and, if I'm lucky, I'll catch Red and Blue in one of their aerial displays.

Thank you!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:28 am 

:eggthumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:05 am 
Site Admin

Thank you so much for all the wonderful pics, Bev.!!! Such a thrill to read how well the kids are doing...so neat how close Red and Blue are. I hope when the time comes, they migrate together...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:44 pm 

weber august 16

my young girl amazed me today. although my slide did not have the pictures of her stooping pigeons in it, she gave us the show we needed to see. We had only seen her fly around the building ,but doing wonderfully with zips and turns . and then off she went north and she made my heart sing. stopping and gliding and flying like a pro. I did not have to worry now. I am so glad BArb was there to see also because she has been so faithful coning down to watch.

I do not know why I did because with MIss Edmonton as her mom and D01 as her dad, what else would I expect.

I felt so bad with them starting out with 5 chicks and now down to one.

but I do nto question as I know Gord knows best.
My Miss Edmonton has certainly had great success over the years. I always watch her as if it will be my last time. with one of her dons at one of our sites in Edmonton , I can witness her success . We do nto often get to knwo where they are( the offspring)

so come fly with K12 and me

K12 is stunning like her dad.

we have our fund raiser tomorrow at Bin 104 and Gord will bring Vinnie,the education falcon.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:52 pm 

Gosh! Your slideshows are just lovely, Bev! It's almost like being there! I'm hoping to get out at lunch time a few times this week. Last week was too busy and I only ended up out on the Monday, but hopefully this week will be a little less crazy because I miss seeing those 2 (and their parents) a LOT!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:00 pm 
Site Admin

:smile:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:24 pm 

i have to thank SGB fro letting me know where to do slideshows. Just have to figure out how to label now.

sliedeshows are really the best way to capture everything

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:16 pm 

Lovely videos
Bev and Miss Edmonton have done a great job again this year.
See you tommorow

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:48 am 

see you also WEst End old bird at fundraiser

I am doing up a video for Bell also. I have nto forgotten them either.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:10 pm 

Tonight was my first trip back to the U of A since Fledge Watch ended. I got there shortly after 7 p.m. and spotted a peregrine immediately on one of the antennas, north face College Plaza. I think it was Radisson because of the sideburns and because it didn't look like there was any brown striping on its chest. Also, that was where she used to hang out but I'll call it Bird A because my identification skills are sadly lacking. Anyway, after about 15 minutes, she flew to the west side of the same building, top ledge of the windows at the corner of the "For Lease" sign. At this point I thought it may be Red settling in for the night.

Then I heard squawking from the southwest; Bird A cat-walked to the south corner of the ledge and Bird B flew into sight and landed on the roof ledge of the Maz. I think it was Blue (brown striping on chest so it might have been Red) because she immediately started picking at something on the ledge (you know Blue and food) but I didn't see her bring anything with her. She was there for about 15 minutes then disappeared onto the roof or beyond.

Radisson stayed on the corner for maybe another 15 minutes, soared and circled to the north around Newton Place, then disappeared out of sight to the northeast.

I stayed another 10 - 15 minutes but the north wind had picked up, I was freezing and no birds were in sight.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:25 pm 

OK this is great bev, I have to say that the picture at the 08 mark is my favorite for sure. I just have this thing for the way they cock their heads. I want to add my thanks for all of your wonderful pics and videos.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:15 pm 

debincutknife wrote:
I think it was Blue (brown striping on chest so it might have been Red) because she immediately started picking at something on the ledge (you know Blue and food) but I didn't see her bring anything with her.

I do know exactly what you mean about Blue and food, debincutknife! :egg21:

I haven't been out looking for our peregrine friends since last Monday (August 11th) as it's been too crazy busy here at work. However, today I had some time so trundled off in a southerly direction at lunchtime to see who I could find. Kept an eye out all the way to the parking garage, but there wasn't a sign of any of them. Climbed up to the top of the parkade and used my binoculars in all directions, but, alas, no joy.

I was rather bummed out on my walk back toward the office, when I suddenly heard the dulcet (to me, anyway) tones of a squawking peregrine!! I quickly stopped walking and immediately looked up to see from where the beautiful noise was originating. I saw a young peregrine, who I'm prepared to identify her as Blue....you know Blue and her squawking about everything!! She landed on the corner of the Maz (north, overlooking 112 Street), squawking and flapping for a only a moment and then was off flying north...squawking.

I count that as a very successful outing!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:45 am 

Piffle wrote:
I count that as a very successful outing!!

Yes, that's exactly how I felt about my visit last night, Piffle!

With regards to my id of the birds, I was sure Bird A was Radisson until it cat-walked to the corner of the building. I don't think I've ever seen Radisson cat-walk before??

But, I was pretty confident that Bird B was Blue because of her squawking in the distance, even before she came into view. I'd almost say it's her signature. :egg8:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:34 pm 

I am glad you8 both saw at least one juvie.

they are both still there but I am sure Red will be making his way out soon. but you never know
Tuesday night they both put on quite a show for us. just a matter of being in right place at right time

I wil be back in this weekend,probably Sunday with some more photos and a vidoe of Bell.

fundraiser was very nice on Thursday, with Gord there with Vimy . He was centre of attention and everyone got to hold him. The wine took back seat.

our girl is still there at Weber but did nto see her last night. we will go again on Sunday. not time till then

I have to get all computer stuff over to here by Monday as computer has to go in for cleaning etc. Long overdue. and Peters does not have the programs I have.
I have still the cams and radisson and Chase have been spending time there . so had MIss Edmonton

will try and get back on later today but no promises.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:12 pm 

weber

youngster did a walk by in front of box just a few minutes ago

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:49 am 
Site Admin

:sum9:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:02 pm 

weber august24

just after 7pm tonight

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:51 pm 

weber
we were down there last night and saw K12 on top of Weber and Miss E on the R

We did not see flying but just knowing they are still around is good for me

For some this may not appear a successful year here, but for me it is. We had 2 males go out to Pembina, and fly free and from reports are doing well.

Peter rescued K13 and due to her being dehydrated etc, and it being a long weekend here, it was decided she would do better on Pembina. and she is . Gord said after he fattened her up and got her better, she took off like there was no tomorrow.

Are there perils out there, for sure, but i would rather think that nature is nature than see them succumb to death by buildings and stupidity of people.

Because I humanize, I always feel for the parents but what a gal Miss Edmonton is . to hatch out 5 kids two years running is great. and Do1, has done a great job also. they are not having to work too hard right now but K12 is thriving and that is what is important.

Every site is different and has different circumstances. A lot do not agree with hacking and that is their opinion, but when you see what can be , it is exciting.

one thing I have learned this year at BCATW, is that every site has their reasons for doing or not doing certain things. I cannot criticize anyone anymore as I realize, every situation is different. Some have cams up and do not fully understand peregrines or their needs. some of it is strictly for publicity. and I guess that is how it is.
having watches is not easy. It is a lot of work. Some do not realize that the real peril for these birds is beyond the box. and a lot are involved with their own lives, to get involved and that is life , I guess.

But we have 4 flying from our 5 hatches. We lost one on the roof somewhere, or maybe from a predator. It was wandering too soon,

so here are a few shots form last night. not good but as the nights get darker sooner, the light is not as great

I have to take computer in for work tomorrow so will only have Peters laptop so may not be able to post pictures for a bit.

[b]august25
[/b]

when we got there we only saw an adult on R but then all of sudden up popped K12, she had been eating. she is not quite as noisy as our 2 at U of a LOL

miss E

K12

K12

K12

miss E

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:10 pm 

weber
from the cam

Miss Esome need to see bands for proof

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 876 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next