Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: EDMONTON, ALBERTA (WEBER & AGRIUM REDWATER)~2016
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:20 pm 

weber july22

Barb saw all 6 last night also.

there were 2 eating in front of box yesterday. one was white band

here is video of white adn one other eating

and one kid was in tonight and is on right side. can hear it from time to time

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:15 am 

Thanks, Bev. They are beautiful!
:1val:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:48 am 

agrium july25

Charlotte continues to visit box. today the shadows told the tale of someone eating outside

[b]peter helped me get the pictures so I could get this done for you. music not the best but I ran out of time

anyhow here is the slideshow of our year at agrium. Charlotte had a rocky start but shows she has the making of a good female . and BIll showed her the way. remember the juvenile that turned up during egg laying. enjoy [/b]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:54 am 

weber july25. The kids are still hanging around. Green was in box tonight . another was outside but could not tell who

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:05 am 

bev. wrote:
agrium july25

Charlotte continues to visit box. today the shadows told the tale of someone eating outside

[b]peter helped me get the pictures so I could get this done for you. music not the best but I ran out of time

anyhow here is the slideshow of our year at agrium. Charlotte had a rocky start but shows she has the making of a good female . and BIll showed her the way. remember the juvenile that turned up during egg laying. enjoy [/b]

Lovely Bev. Thank you so much........... :7val: :5val: :7val:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:08 am 
Site Admin

Forgot to post from the other day!! :sum8:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:17 am 

just got h0ome and have to post this video from my friend I have lots to go through but this shows our kid at home on august6

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:41 am 

agrium August 10

it has been so nice to see this youngster successful. seeing g him in the box was a thrill ;Bill and Charlotte continue to frequent the box as Bruce gets more independent.
my source there has seen him flying around the area .

Charlotte is starting to loose her white eyebrows as she molts and matures( Gord said this would happen)

bill

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:42 am 

Weber august 10

cam is down Grrrrrr

But BArb has been going down while I was away and saw at least 3 kids flying and tagging . 3 nights ago she saw 4 kids.

So last night we met Barb down there and what a show. We saw at ls least 5 at one time. The thing about this site , is they can land on roof and another come off, and you would never know.

when we first got there we only had Green girl in view on aerial above box and then poof one came in and knocked her from her perch. she flew over to satellite dish across the road.. and then they just appeared out of no where.

at times the kids looked like adults till they landed. the tagging was awesome and it has been a long time since we have seen so many in the air at once ,darting and turning and tagging. what awesome fliers
. The speed awesome and heart stopping.

these kids wandered out flying and playing as far as the eye could see.

We only ever ID'd 3 kids at a time. Peter had black band( silver now ) and Yellow, but could not get bead at other times. they move too quickly and it was a dull stormy night.

AT one point DO1 had prey on one of letters ,and one of kids came after him. the show began again. He had 2 after him and he dropped the prey as they closed in . One turned over and intercepted it mid air. He flew off toward Ramada with another on his heels to the Ramada.

I forgot to mention , that here had been a food drop earlier and they were on roof eating. these kids are not starving

what a great job Green girl and DO1 have done.

we stayed during the rain and storm and all flew out south. But just before dark 3 kids , at least, returned , 2 on the satellite tower and one on Ramada. then off they flew one at a time, southwest, beyond the trees. We watched them with our binoculars play tag, amoungst the trees. one landed at the top of a snag.

WE saw a 4th fly in at back of Ramada but when we were leaving it was not there .so do nto know if kid or adult

Peter and I had to leave at 9:20pm but BArb stayed.

she phoned me 10 minutes later and she had all 4 kids in view on the letters. All 4 were on the W, 2 at each end, ( each pair were turned in ,facing each other) .

what a wonderful evening, we had seen all 6 ( 2 adults and 4 kids) . and i have seen flying at its best.
I will post a few pictures later , as we unload camera, but none of the awesome flight show. sometimes you just have to relax and enjoy what is in front and behind you :flirty:

I know now that soon they may slowly move on, but this has been a great year here. :loveshow:

Better cam coverage , would have let you all see more of what we saw.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:18 pm 

That's awesome Bev! Good to know they are doing so well! :7val:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:34 pm 

bev. wrote:
agrium August 10

it has been so nice to see this youngster successful. seeing g him in the box was a thrill ;Bill and Charlotte continue to frequent the box as Bruce gets more independent.
my source there has seen him flying around the area .

Charlotte is starting to loose her white eyebrows as she molts and matures( Gord said this would happen)

bill

Thank you for the update Bev! It is thrilling for me as well!!!!! :7val: :5val: :7val:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:36 am 

AGrium

sorry, i have been away.

I will share more in a few days but I was so excited today.

I was running my cam off and saw Bill in box. He left and then a bit later I had a banded youngster in view. my friend tells me that Charlotte and Bill have been there daily.

the exciting thing about this is: It is our yellow tape male from Weber last year. If you remember , he moved over to U of a a week and half after fledging at WEber. He stayed there rest of season and was fed by Radisson and Chase and played with the youngsters . B32 is Green girls and DO1 son. DO1 was born at Redwater in 2010, so is either a sibling to Bill or bills offspring. Charlotte was born at WEber in 2014, her mom was MIss Edmonton and DO1 was her dad. This is why bands and cams are so important.

So I am so happy to see B32 healthy and hope Bill does not hurt him. i think he is probably passing through. :7val:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:11 pm 

sept7

WEber

cams have been down here for awhile but we went last 2 nights here and saw no kids. But adutls are around and well and very close . I think they have done well here. They fledged early and being all males, I believe were independent sooner than usual.

Weill be back with photos and better report.

agrium

Cam is back up.

Bill and Charlotte are still here So excited to see Charlotte as I had not seen her for a bit.

pictures also coming. please be patient with me

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:09 pm 

agrium

bill and Charlotte.

bill was calling Charlotte in for quite awhile this morning and now that sh e is here , she is not leaving l :teehee:

bill

charlotte

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:39 pm 

Agrium sept20

as of yesterday both were still here they have bonded in box which is a good sign also.

I forgot to tell the story of our young male. we saw him at box on aug8th and then he go himself into a bit of a spot. He flew into one of the fertilizer buildings, and was in there for a few days,. It was very hot out and the building was full . my contact thought he would fly out and they tried to chase him out and so when he contacted me I contacted Gord. So Gord went up with a trap and a bait. They set it up as they knew he would be hungry. Well we never got a chance to tell if it would have worked as one of the night men, went up and quietly went behind Bruce and caught him.. He carefully handled him and then released him outside. He said he flew off strong.

I would have rathered he had been kept for Gord to check over and hydrate, but I do believe the adults knew where he was and he would have squawked for food and got it. My contact went away on holidays right after but I think with just one kid to feed , he did just fine. Unfortunately the cam went down for a few days there so I do nto know if he came back to box then.

But what a season we had :To have Charlotte , first time mom ( MIss Edmonton's and D01 offspring from 2014), fostered in a chick as Charlotte did not show an interest towards end of incubation( so eggs taken and foster put in, all eggs hatched and juveniles went to Pembina). then a few weeks ago we had our yellow taped youngster from Weber(2015) show up in box for a few minutes.

this shows the importance of rescuing and banding. We can track and follow and know our successes.

Hopefully our adutls will stick around a bit longer

here are a few snaps of them

both sept 15 bonding

bill sept15

Charlotte sept15

bill sept 16

Charlotte sept16

bill sept 19

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:02 pm 

:smile: Thanks, Bev!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:56 am 

weber sept 21

will be updating weber today but as of last night DO1 and Green girl still there :15heartbeat:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:12 pm 

sorry I have nto u0pdated. sept27

weber.

we have only seen green since sept23 so I think Do1 left sept 23. will be checking tonight and then as soon as Green leaves I will post remaining pciutres. my life is hectic but it will get done. I do nto like to leave loose ends

agrium sept 27 cam has not been reliable last few days. but I have nto seen Charlotte since since sept19( Sept 20 and 21 cam was down so she could have been in those days. this would not be unusual for her to leave before Bill as she is young . but at all other sites, female stays longer.

I last saw Bill on SEpt 24 but cam was down more than up on Sept 25 and Sept 26.

So I would not be surprised if he was left Sept 24th.

As of late Sept 26th when cam went in a pigeon was in box and spent the night and was in there this morning .for quite awhile so I am sure they must be enroute ot migrating spot, so I iwll post last pictures in a bit

from agrium

sept 23

sept 26

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:15 pm 

sept30- Weber

I will be checking again tonight, but this video is of both adults after kids left. sitting and relaxing and just enjoying the peace and quiet. It was quite a year for this pair this year. 4 males who were very well behaved. and well fed and flew so well. such a treat to watch this group , when I was here. I am so proud of who Green girl has become this year. Just like her mom , and if you notice in one of the pciutres , there is a crow or raven on ht R of the hotel. Green ,, like her mother RAdisson, does not like ravens. And DO1 has become such a great teacher, like his dad at agrium.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:16 pm 

Thank you Bev. I love your updates.......

:leafok: :7val: :leafok:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next