Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: EDMONTON, ALBERTA ~ July - Dec 2009
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:32 pm 

It must be some kind of barrier, around the building. Oh my, wonder if he flew in there and just couldn't get out. :cry: Nevermind, I'm not sure I want to know.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:33 pm 
Global Moderator

Oh my goodness, this is so sad, and I don't have any words. Bev, you must be devastated, but I hope in time you can see all the good that you did for those kids. It was Nature's way . . . for some reason we cannot understand.

Our sweet :loveheart2: Mr. White. . .

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:45 pm 

ljames wrote:
It must be some kind of barrier, around the building. Oh my, wonder if he flew in there and just couldn't get out. :cry: Nevermind, I'm not sure I want to know.

I agree 100%

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:06 am 
Global Moderator

I'm beside myself with this news! At first I thought it all happened at a different site in Manitoba, but then I realized it must be Mr. White that went missing earlier.

My thoughts are with Bev, Mr. Bev, and all the others who did everything they could to keep the Edmonton chicks safe from harm.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:24 am 
Site Admin

OH NO....I'm just now catching up...that is just too sad....I wonder if they have any idea how it happened :?: :?: :?:

Bev...I am just so sorry...I almost wish we didn't know...I'd like to think Mr. White was out there getting into mischief...35 days....that's pretty young, especially when we think of fledging at 39-40 days...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:51 am 

I am so sorry Bev. Hopefully they will be able to protect them next year from this. No news from here in a while. Hope all is well with the family.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:15 pm 
Global Moderator

Thinking of you Bev ...
We all look foward to hearing from you ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:27 pm 
Global Moderator

bev . . . Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:17 pm 

Mr. Bev here again. Sorry we haven't posted much lately, however, Bev is away on a family emergency and I have been swamped at work. I see that you have heard about Mr. White. No news yet as to how he died. Gord Court told me that he would be examining him and let me know if he found something, however with the remains it may be hard to tell.

I was down at the site last night with my youngest daughter who was up visiting. Her first experience of seeing falcons. It turned out to be a great night as we saw all five, mom, dad and three juveniles. Mr. Red was up to his old tricks of knocking others off their perches. Since last week, we had only seen two falcons, but got real lucky last night. Great to see them all healthy and flying.

Bev may be back next week some time. Depends on her fathers recovery. Will try and keep you posted.

By the way, Mr. White was found behind a wall on the roof where the white stand was just below the nest box. We still don't know how he died, however, the biologist will let us know if he finds out anything from his examination of the remains. Will let you know as soon as we find out something.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:23 pm 
Global Moderator

Thank you, Mr. Bev for checking in here and letting us know the latest. I'm so sorry to hear about Bev's dad. I hope he will be okay, and I'll be sending some prayers for his recovery.

Great to hear of the sighting of all five last night. Please give Bev my best wishes.
:loveheart:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:26 pm 

Yes, many thanks for the update on "Bev", Mr Bev ;)

I was worried that she was overly worn out from the whole season & taking some serious R&R & most deservedly too.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:41 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you "Mr. Bev" for checking in...I had emailed Bev....and it's not like her not to respond...so sorry to hear about her Dad...I do hope all will be ok...

Such a mystery about little Mr. White...I do hope they figure it out...in case its something that can be prevented in the future..

So happy that you and your daughter saw the rest of the family....that is great news!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:54 pm 
Global Moderator

Thanks, Mr. Bev, for the update. I'm so glad you and your daughter were able to see all five falcons, but so sorry to hear about Bev's father. I'll keep Bev and her father in my thoughts and hope for a quick recovery.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:03 pm 

Thanks for the report Peter. So glad to hear all the falcons are doing great. Please let Bev know we are thinking about her, and I hope everything is better with her dad.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:01 pm 

Mr. Bev here again. Went down to the site today. Very, Very hot. Only saw mom hiding in the shade on the back side of the Education building. Its getting close to that time of year when the young ones are thinking of migrating. So, I hope to go down a little more often and see them if I can. If I see them I will post and let you know.

While I was down at the site, Bev called me and advised that they had to send her father by ambulance to Victoria for another operation. So it sounds like she may not be back for a while. If she can get on to a computer where she is on the Island, she may be in touch with you. If not, I guess I will have to do and I will try and keep you updated on the birds here. Still no word on what caused Mr. White's demise. As soon as I find out something I will let you know.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:13 pm 
Global Moderator

Thanks Peter for the update...
Please tell Bev we are thinking of her/family - sending warm hugs and
postive thoughts :!:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:14 pm 

PETER
Thank you for the information and please please let bev know we are all hoping for the best with her father, and thank you for the update on mom hopefully you will be able to see the kids too.
Don't forget to take care of yourself to :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:19 pm 
Global Moderator

Peter, thanks from me too for all you are doing to "hold down the fort." My thoughts and prayers are with Bev and her father.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:59 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Mr. Bev. (Peter) for keeping an eye out for the kids....and please give Bev. all our love....hugs and prayers to her and her Dad!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:48 pm 

Peter (Mr. Bev) here. Went down to the University tonight. Saw mom eating on top of the Education building. Did some further walking and found dad sitting on top a crane to the north of the Education building where some new construction is going on. I was on top of the parkade at that point. I walked down to the street and low and behold there were two falcons on the Education. One was mom the other, I think, was Froona because of her size and coloring. Could not confirm this as I could not see the color band as her legs were hidden behind her perch. In any event I saw three of them.

The biologist emailed me today and reported a confirmed sighting of Mr. Yellow at a place called Cooking Lake which is about 30-40 kms southeast of Edmonton. Not only did the bird watcher get part of his band but confirmed the bright yellow tape on the other leg. The young ones are moving around a bit as the biologists said they might. Good to see that he was spotted though. So far all seems to be well with the fledglings and the parents. Will keep you posted as much I can.

Pete :D :D

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next