Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 436 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Berry College 2020 -2021
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:02 am 

:harvest: Ma did not spend the night on the nest. At 6:43 this morning, could hear eagle vocals in the near distance and then Pa arrived to the bowl. Ma to the left branch seconds later. Pa began his work in the bowl, then right rail work that he conducted from the bowl, left rail work. Ma to the nest at 6:47, they stood a bit, then more rail work for Pa. Next he moved to the tangle to work. Ma alerts at 6:52 as she saw something out from the left of the nest. Pa looks too, then they focus out the rear. Pa alerts at 6:54 and Ma joins in and hops closer toward the rear where Pa is. She is looking around. (Read later per chat, an intruder was behind the nest area at 6:55 and flew at 6:56.) Ma flew at 6:54 as Pa watches. Pa flew out the rear at 7:02. Ma to the bowl at 7:55 and alerts. She is looking around. At 7:56, she flew out the rear. Pa to the left branch at 8:01 and is looking around and flew at 8:17. Ma to the bowl at 8:18 and alerts. Is watchful. Pa to the left branch at 8:24. Ma alerts and remains watchful, moves a stick at 8:25 and Pa to the nest and moved a stick to the rear rail. Ma aerated the bowl, then Pa. Ma flew out at 8:30 and Pa watched her go. Then he flew up and over the left branch in the same minute. At 10:24, Pa to the nest with fluff and looks around, then vocal. Ma arrived and alerted. Pa remains vocal and flew to the left rear, branch in the same minute. Ma picks through the bowl. At 10:25, they are looking around. Ma tracks something above and Pa is softly vocal. Ma alerts and crouches and there is a shadow flyover on the nest. Pa reacts by jerking his body down. He alerts. Ma flew at 10:26 out the left side alerting and Pa followed. (Going to app cam at 10:27 the timestamp is not in sync with nest cam, I saw a large bird shadow cast over the tree, next a mature intruder eagle flew over, then Ma flew out, the intruder passes in front of the tree, then Pa flew out.) Pa returned to the left branch at 10:26 and can hear Ma alert in the distance. Then she arrived to the bowl alerting. At 10:27, she sees something and stands taller and is looking. Suddenly Pa turns around on the left branch and flies out as does Ma out the left side of the nest. At 11:35, could hear alerting and then Ma arrived to the nest alerting. Pa arrived to the left branch at 11:36 and Ma continued alerting. Pa is higher up on the left branch and out of sight. Ma looked around and up towards the sky and quiets. Pa came down to the nest at 11:39 and works on the bowl and rails, then they stood and looked around. Ma began alerting at 11:47 and Pa joins in, then they settle and look around more. Ma flew at 11:51 out the rear of the nest and Pa followed. Ma to the nest at 1:41 and alerts. She was watchful and flew at at 1:53. At 3:00, heard alerting and saw the shadow of a large bird flying over the back woods area and Ma flew in from the front of the nest and landed alerting and looking about. I felt there was not enough of a time lapse between seeing the shadow over the rear woods and Ma coming in from the front for the shadow to have been hers. Pa to the left branch seconds later alerting. She continues to look around at 3:03 and can only see Pa's back at times from the left branch. She flew out the rear in the same minute of 3:03 and Pa turned around on the left branch seconds later at 3:04 and flew out. At 5:42, Pa to the nest with a multi-stemmed stick and tried placing at different areas of the rails before deciding on the curve of the left and front rails. He snipped some of the stems from it, adjusts, snips. He alerted at 5:46 as Ma comes in from the rear of the nest and she alerted. He flew to the left rear, branch at at 5:47 and Ma alerted once. Then they looked around. Pa flew for the day at 5:56 toward the rear woods. Ma watched him and she flew for the day at 5:57 following his path. Shortly arrival alerts could be heard in the distance. From 7:09-7:10, could hear the sounds of a limb breaking or rustling and then vocals between Ma and Pa with one of them sounding as if they are closer to the nest tree than the other. The nest remains empty as I leave at 1:00 am.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:13 am 

:nervous: This goes with the 10:26 am event in the above post that took place on Wednesday. Apparently someone was on the ground and was able to see what happened after Ma left the nest:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:52 am 

:harvest: Ma did not spend the night on the nest. (TBC) The nest remains empty as I leave at 2:52 am.

One thing that is too good not to go ahead and share now ... Pa attempted to mate with Ma ... ON THE NEST!

Screen capture by Tani Deaton

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:14 am 

:harvest: Ma did not spend the night on the nest. (TBC) The nest remains empty as I leave at 12:12 am.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:28 am 

:harvest: Ma did not spend the night on the nest. An eagle was on the nest alerting at 6:53 this morning per chat. It was neither Ma nor Pa. It flew at 7:10. At 8:09 I saw the same female visitor that was here yesterday land on the left branch, then down to the nest. She moved a stray stick from the bowl and aerated a little. She flew from the rear rails at 8:26 following the same path as Ma and Pa do when they head to the back woods. The same female arrived at 10:53 and alerts, then stood. To the rear rails at 11:02 and stood. She flew at 11:23 for the day. Saw Rocky on the nest at 9:28. The nest remains empty as I leave at 11:26 pm.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:47 am 

Pa Becoming More Comfortable With The Unknown Female

:harvest: Ma did not spend the night on the nest. At 11:14 this morning, the same visiting female of late arrived to the nest and alerted. She stood around, then went to the rear rails at 11:28. At 11:35, she turned around to face us, then back around again. She flew at 11:37. An eagle arrived to the left branch at 12:04 with it's back to us and is partially obscured. Seconds later, the visiting female arrived to the rear rails and I now believe it is Pa on the left branch, although I still can't see all of him for positive ID. At 12:13, she went on the nest. At 12:14 she went up to the left branch next to Pa and this caused him to move further up the branch and out of sight. She went back to the nest at 12:15. "Leery vocals" can be heard per Pa who is still out of sight. At 12:16, the female went to the left branch and flew out from there. Pa remained out of sight (except from the approach cam) and flew out at 12:45 without ever having come to the nest. The female is back to the nest at 3:10, to the left branch at 3:12, flew at 3:13. At 5:36, Pa arrived to the nest with the female a couple seconds behind him. He began moving stray sticks and the female aerated the bowl. Then Pa aerated the bowl and they are side by side. She moved some fluff. At 5:37, the female looks up and alerts and Pa responds to her by doing the same. Pa tracks whoever is flying above that we can not see, but my gut reaction is it is Ma. Pa does more aeration and the female moves a stick. Switching to the app cam, you could see an eagle pass around the nest tree from the rear to the left offscreen, then from the left and over the top of the tree to the right offscreen, then passes from the right to the left high up in front of the tree and offscreen. Pa went to the right rails and picked a little, then to the tangle to work. Then he went to the rear and flew out at 5:49 for the day into the back woods as the female watched. The female went to the curve of the rear and left rails and flew out for the day at 5:50, but didn't seem to take the same path as Pa as she flew more left. Rocky has visited the nest tonight. The nest remains empty as I leave at 12:45 am.

Video is by by LawLin72:

This video is from 11/20 and not today's event, but you can hear some of Pa's "leery vocals" when she comes in and even sometimes poor Pa opens his beak, but nothing comes out. :loveheart2:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:24 am 

there was a video done by Lin that shows ma berry fly over the nest yesterday when Pa and other female in nest.

ground observers did not see Ma but saw this female

I have been watching daily but do not see a need to post . My heart is heavy , and I pray for best outcome.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:32 am 

Never a dull moment.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:33 am 

:harvest: Ma did not spend the night on the nest. At 6:49 this morning, Pa to the left branch and down to the nest with the intruder female arriving to the right branch and down to the nest seconds later alerting. They work on the bowl aerating and moving fluff. She picked up a stick from the front of the nest, then he assisted and eventually took it from her and placed it to the curve of the left and rear rails. She aerated the bowl. They stood a bit. Pa to the left branch at 6:53. A snite from the female at 6:54 and Pa flew as she watched him go. She went to the rear rails at 6:56 and looked around. She flew at 7:03 to the rear woods.

The female arrived back to the nest at 7:44 and stood and looked around. A sub adult arrived to the nest and the female defends the nest at 8:37. She ran it off to the right branch and alerted. At 8:39, the sub adult hopped up to a higher branch. It flew at 8:40 possibly to a higher branch toward the left of the tree out of sight and/or out. Female to the rear rails at 8:53. She flew at 8:55 to the rear woods.

At 11:54, the female arrived to the nest and looks around, aerated a little, stood and looked around. At 12:26, she laid in the bowl for a bit and brought fluff around her chest. She went to the rear rails at 12:44 and flew at 12:46.

At 2:43, Pa then the female arrived to the nest. She almost crashed into Pa as she came in from the front right and down into the nest. They got busy aerating the bowl, then spreading fluff about the nest floor. Pa to the right rails to work. The female stood on the nest. He moved a stick about the floor, then more bowl work. Female to the left branch at 2:49 and back down again. Then more bowl work for both. She unfortunately aerated Pa's left talons and Pa reached up and chewed and snipped on her. Then more bowl work for Pa. They stood a bit and she moved some fluff on the floor. Pa moved a stick closer to the rear rails. At 2:53, the female hopped up on the left rails and looked around. Pa remained on the nest looking around. The female flew at 2:55 as he watched. He continued to stand on the nest and flew at 3:15 in the same direction as she had toward the left.

Pa arrived to the nest at 4:38, then the female to the left branch seconds later and down to the nest. Pa aerated and the female assisted, they stood a bit, then tangle work per Pa. Female to the left rails at 4:51. Pa to the left branch at 4:53. Light vocals from the female. Pa flew at 4:54 and the female flew seconds later.

At 5:01, Pa in with a stick and finally decided on placing it to the rear rails, then stood. At 5:16 an eagle flew around the nest area from afar. Pa watched, then aerated the bowl and worked on the rear rails. He flew at 5:21.

Female in with a wad of fluff at 5:24 and spreads. Pa in at 5:28 and assisted with spreading. He snipped on her. Next she worked on the tangle, then they stood at the front of the nest looking outward. Female to the bowl to work and Pa to the tangle. Female to the rails at 5:35 and flew at 5:36 for the day. Pa watched, then stood at the rear of the nest for awhile. He flew at 5:49 for the day from the rear rails and down and up to the rear woods.

The nest remains empty as I leave at 1:04 am. Went to check nest cam and app cam one last time as I always do and didn't see anything, then heard eagle vocals with one close and one far. The close one is so near I felt it was on the nest tree and I heard branches move twice. Went back and with the help of a chatter on times I was able to see an eagle fly in to a left branch per the app cam at 1:05 am. The nest cam (not in sync with the app) at 1:04 only shows movement on the left when it lands, but you can not see the eagle. The eagle lands facing us, but you can not see it well. It appeared large and was able to grab the branch with it's left talons when it moved further up the limb and then is obscured by pine needles, but it appeared to turn the other way. There has been some eagle chatter a few times at intervals since. And then at 2:50 am sirens could be heard and this caused the far eagle to alert and the eagle in the tree responded and they went back and forth with the vocals several times. Because it appeared to be large, landed on a limb that I have not seen Ma or Pa use and especially this time of night and was able to grasp the limb with it's left talons, I believe it is not Ma, but is the new female. Maybe somebody will see when it leaves and can ID. The nest remains empty as I leave for sure at 3:25 am.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:50 am 

It certainly looks like we have a new female here...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:44 am 

:harvest: Ma did not spend the night on the nest. But the intruder female did fly to a lower left branch out of sight of cam 1 at 1:04 this morning and she was still there at 3:25 when I left. Pa arrived at 6:50 to the nest from the rear and the female arrived to the left branch seconds later and down to the nest. Pa aerated the bowl and after a bit the female joined in. Pa to the right rails to adjust, he pulled up a long stick with pine cones on one end, then pulled it out of the rails and started to move it and she grabbed hold of it to assist, but pa took it from her and moved it to the front rails. Next he moved a stray stick to the rear rails and she aerated. They stood a bit and she edges her way in trying to lie in the bowl where Pa stood. Pa to the left branch at 6:54, then the female stood and moved fluff on the floor. Pa flew at 6:55 and she watched to see where he went, then stood for a bit. She flew at 7:01 from the curve of the rear and left rails. (TBC)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:24 am 

:harvest: Ma did not spend the night. (TBC) Several visits to the nest by Rocky this evening. The nest remains empty as I leave at 1:20 am.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:10 pm 

We have a new male here as well . Pa Berry did pop in quickly after 4 yesterday and he left and the new pair arrived. Lin has it documented

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:44 pm 

:harvest: We do not have a new male here in my opinion. It is Pa. There has been mass hysteria by some. Three photographers from the ground have identified the male currently here as Pa. Pa has a hanging talon or a longer talon, I am unsure of which as I have never seen. It is seen when he grasps branches I believe. But the photographers, 2 of at least that have photographed Ma and Pa for years have seen it with the male currently here and the other photographer believes this is Pa, but I do not know her stance on the talon as she did not mention it. I too believe the male here is Pa. He looks like Pa and exhibits the same behaviors and habits of Pa. Also, at least one boot on the ground (not a photographer) says he is ignoring her off the nest. Ma has not been seen on the nest since last Friday morning when she was with Pa. I and some others believe it was Ma who did the flyover Sunday eve when the female and Pa were on the nest. I really hate to see Pa morphed into another male eagle, it is unfair to him and his legacy here. It may not be over yet, but the new female is very possessive of this nest and I just do not see how Ma will be able overcome that. I hope she is still out there and I believe if she is that she is nearby and eventually the photographers will see her. I hope she is unharmed and well. As for the video, I saw the event that day and have seen the video. The 1st one to the nest is Pa. After he left, the new female comes in and Pa right behind her. There is plenty of time for Pa to circle back and then come back in. Also, I thought that the video ended so quickly after arrival of the 2 together and did not allow enough time to make a proper ID. They remained on the nest for awhile and if the video lasted longer there would have been more time to see that it is Pa. But, of course that was not the purpose of the video as they wanted to make the point that Pa flew to the rear and the pair arrived from the left. Therefore, it just has to be a new male.

:sum5: There was a mating at 1:50 pm. At first when he went over to her looking angry with open beak, I thought he was going to bite her again. But he hopped right up there and she held her tail up and to the right. Please Pa, say it was just to show her who's boss!! :teehee:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:27 pm 

I have posted what those who have monitored for years have documented and yesterday Pa came in and as he left , the 2 new eagles , came in. So I will stand by this as I watched this with my eyes as I received a alert.

This is a tough time for all of us. So I do not have time to come I all the time. I did say awhile back, that I would pop in , if something was important. This I felt was . If I have time I will come back with the documentation.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:57 pm 

:harvest: Bring the documentation and it will be just as I reported above.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:42 pm 

I will no longer post here, in this thread for any reason.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:19 am 

:harvest: Ma did not spend the night. (TBC) Rocky has made several visits to the nest this evening. The nest remains empty as I leave at 11:17 pm.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:40 am 

:harvest: Ma did not spend the night. (TBC) Rocky has visited the nest this evening. The nest remains empty as I leave at 12:37 am. Two boots on the ground did not see Ma today, one of them reported seeing Pa and the female.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:14 am 

:harvest: Ma did not spend the night. (TBC) The nest remains empty as I leave at 12:10 am.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 436 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next