Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Berry College 2020
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 11:20 pm 

:1val: Ma spent the night on the nest. She flew at 6:38 this morning. Pa arrived at 9:18 with a stick and placed to the rails, then moved a pine cone from the bowl. He stood for awhile. Pa to the left branch at 9:51 and flew eventually. Ma arrived at 8:26 pm and Pa seconds later. He started on bowl work and aeration. Ma flew at 8:27 for the night possibly. Pa moved some sticks, more bowl work, rail work, stood. He went to the left branch at 8:34 and flew for the night. Ma has not returned as I leave at 11:20.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 11:15 pm 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night. The cam has been freezing at intervals throughout the day. At 2:19 pm, Pa arrived and started on bowl work. Ma arrived at 2:23 and she moved her way into the bowl. Pa continued to work around her. Ma moved a stick out of the bowl and aerated. Pa stood a bit, then did some rail work. Ma settles in the bowl. Pa stood some more, then flew at 2:37. At 5:17, Ma stood up in bowl and back down at 5:22. At 7:25, Ma stood up again and back down. Ma stood at 10:43 and backed up toward the front rail where the left branch juts out for a PS. She remains perched on the lowest point of the left branch with her back to us as I leave at 11:15.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 10:43 pm 

:1val: Ma spent the night last night. She flew at about 6:29 this morning. The cam froze from 6:29-9:58. No visits were seen from 9:58 till around 11:00 am, when the cam went offline completely. Word is Berry will try to fix from someone who apparently messaged them.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 10:32 pm 

:1val: When I came in this morning could only see a period beginning at 9:18 am and nobody was home. The cam continues to freeze for long periods of time. Suddenly at 9:29, Ma and Pa can magically be seen on the nest without an arrival. The cam freezes again. Then at 9:55 am Pa can be seen aerating the bowl as Ma continues to stand. Then they both stand for awhile. Ma flew at 10:19 and Pa stood on the nest. Pa flew at 10:47. By 1057, the cams are offline again for the day. :girlsad3:

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 12:04 am 

:1val: The cam remained off till 9:32 this morning and nobody was home at that time. Ma in with a fish at 12:24. She downed the last bite 10 minutes later, gleaned the bits dropped and is feaking on the floor by 12:35. At 12:49 she aerates the bowl and is lying in it a minute later. She remained there till 3:55 when she stood to look around, preen, stood. At 6:03 she is lying in the bowl again. Pa arrived at 7:55 and it is difficult to tell if he brought a stick or if he picked one up from the floor after he landed. He started placing sticks next to Ma who remains in the bowl, finally getting too close and she reached over and snipped him. :teehee: He continued to move sticks and aerate the floor next to her. Finally she gets out of the bowl at 7:59. I think she wanted to fly out, but she was back standing in the bowl and was unable to get out balancing on her good leg and almost stumbled backward. Pa took advantage and moved into the bowl immediately and worked. He flew at 8:06. By 8:09, Ma moved toward getting back toward the bowl, but she seemed to struggle some. Eventually she crouched and aerated it. Pa returned at 8:10 with a multi-stemmed stick and placed. He started on trimming it and his tail feathers got in Ma's face and she snipped on him. :teehee: At 8:12, Ma settles in the bowl and Pa continues to trim and work on the rails. He flew at 8:16 for the night. At 8:54 Ma tucked her head to sleep. Ma relaxed and allowed her head to drop to the floor as she continued to sleep at 11:08. She awakened at 11:42 for almost a minute, then tucked her head to sleep again. At 11:44 once again she relaxed and allowed her head to drop to the floor and continues to sleep. Ma awakens and got out of the bowl at 11:55 to stand and preen and look around. She continues to stand as I leave at 12:05.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 11:44 pm 

:1val: Ma spent the night last night. She was vocal several times at 6:15 this morning and looking toward the rear at times. It made me wonder if she could see Pa doing something. Pa arrived at 6:22. He moved wayward sticks to the rails and aerated the bowl. Pa flew at 6:26. Ma flew 2 minutes later. Ma arrived at 2:44 panting. She moved toward the bowl at 3:42 to stand in it. And is lying by 4:28 even though it has several pine cones in it. At 8:09, Ma stands. Four minutes later, she backed up to the right rails for a PS, then remains there to perch and preen. Pa arrived at 8:29 and starts moving a stick gone astray to the rail. He moves a couple pine cones slightly, then more rail work near Ma who reaches down and snips on him. :teehee: Then more rail work, moved a pine cone out of the bowl, a stick from it to the rail, clears more debris from it, then more rail work near Ma. When he started to move around her, Ma reached down and snipped on him again. :teehee: Pa went back to the bowl to aerate and move more debris, then more rail work on the left. Pa to the left branch at 8:41 and flew seconds later for the night. Ma remained perched on the right rails till 11:21 when she started attempting to move off of them, but kept raising her bad foot to try to grab onto something so she could dismount. Finally after 2 minutes, she hopped off the rails using her good foot and landed on the nest. She stood for a bit and scratched her head with her bad foot, stood some more. She heads to the bowl at 11:36 to aerate, then lie down. Ma appears to be asleep as I leave at 11:46 pm.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 12:46 am 

:1val: Ma spent the night last night. Pa arrived at 6:24 this morning and almost ran to the bowl. He tried to remove a pine cone and sticks from it, aerated, then started moving sticks to the rail. Ma to the left branch at 6:26 and flew. Pa continued to move sticks, stood a bit, then chewed the bark on a left, rear, branch. He flew at 6:30. At 9:04, Ma returns. A minute later she went to the bowl to lie down. There was a reset and I'm unsure when Ma got out of the bowl, but she was standing on the nest at 11:39. Ma flew to the left branch at 11:50 and did a bounce landing that she flew out from for the day. Pa arrived at 2:23 and stood. He flew at 2:48 for the day. The nest remains empty as I leave at 12:45 am.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 11:10 pm 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night on the nest, nor has she or Pa visited the nest today that I am aware of. The nest remains empty as I leave at 11:10 pm.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 12:48 am 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night on the nest. Nobody showed up to the nest till 8:36 pm when Ma arrived and stood. Pa arrived 3 minutes later and headed for the bowl. He tried to remove pine cones, sticks and debris from it to the edges. Then he aerated it and stood a bit. He went to the front rail at 8:43 and seconds later hopped up to the left branch facing Ma, then he turned around and flew for the night. Ma continued to stand. Ma moved toward the edge of the bowl at 9:12 and tried to get down in it, but had trouble stepping over the pine cones Pa had placed to the edge earlier. She is down in it by 9:14 and lying a minute later. She has been preening some, but mainly sleeping since. She is asleep with her head tucked as I leave at 12:48 am.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 11:30 pm 

:1val: Ma spent the night on the nest. She got out of the bowl at 6:19 and went to the left branch a minute later and flew. Pa arrived at 1:31 and stood around. He flew at 1:38. Ma nor Pa has returned today. The nest remains empty as I leave at 11:30 pm.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 12:05 am 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night on the nest. But per chat, Pa came in twice in the middle of the night to the nest. Once at 2:18 am and again at 3:29 am. Apparently he went to the right branch afterwards and it is unknown when he left. Pa arrived to the left branch at 12:43 this afternoon and down to the bowl a minute later. He stood his entire visit looking around and at one point cleaning and staring at his talons. He flew at 2:25 for the day. Ma has not arrived to the nest as I leave at 12:05 am.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 12:22 am 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night. The only visit to the nest today was by Pa at 8:32 this evening he arrived to the left branch and down to the nest a minute later, then to the bowl. He pecked at it a bit, looked around, pecked some more, aerated. Then he stood a bit and looked around. At 8:41 he went to the left branch and flew. Nobody is on the nest as I leave at 12:26 am.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 12:02 am 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night on the nest. At 1:14 this afternoon Pa arrived and stood looking around. At 1:17 he slowly starts with some bowl work, but quickly stopped and stood instead. He started to move a pine cone out of the bowl, picked it up twice and dropped it back down. He stood and looked around more. He seemed to see and follow something away from the nest and he went up to the left branch at 1:22 flying out seconds later for the day. Ma to the nest at 8:48 this evening and a minute later is lying in the bowl and soon asleep. (This is the 1st we have seen of her since she flew at 6:20 on Sunday morning.) She tucked her head and back asleep at 9:29. Ma remains asleep in this position as I leave at 12:02 am.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 1:10 am 

:1val: Ma spent the night on the nest. She called out at 6:09 this morning with no return calls noted from Pa. She flew at 6:21. Pa to the left branch at 10:19 and down to the bowl 3 minutes later where he stood. He went to the rear rail at 10:42 and flew. At 4:48 Pa came in to the left branch and down to the nest a minute later. Ma arrived seconds later. Pa removed a pine cone from the bowl as Ma looked on. Afterwards she cried softly to Pa. He went to the rear rails at 4:50 and flew up to a rear, left, branch and out of sight. Ma continued to cry softly to him. Pa returned at 4:52 abruptly from the branch to the nest almost knocking Ma backwards. He went to the bowl and removed a stick. Ma flew out the rear at 4:53. Pa watched to see where she went. Pa flew out the rear at 4:55. Ma arrived to the nest at 7:49 and to the bowl eventually. She crouched over it and eventually was lying in it to sleep, sometimes with her head tucked and sometimes with it draped on the floor of the nest. She is asleep with her head tucked as I leave at 1:10 am.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 12:23 am 

:1val: Ma spent the night. At 5:27 this morning she was perched on the right rails. She hopped off the rails to the nest at 6:23 and flew out the rear. Nobody came to the nest until Ma arrived at 8:43 tonight and Pa seconds later to the left branch, then immediately to the nest. Both go to the bowl and Pa moves out a stick, then Ma steps down in it and aerates. Pa goes back to the bowl to move out more sticks and debris. They are close together and do some light beaking at 1st, then get a little rough with each other. :teehee: Ma wants to get in the bowl for the night and Pa wants to clean it out. She cries lightly to him and he busies himself with the rails, then he aerates the nest floor. He stood a bit, then back toward the bowl. Ma is lying in it and Pa tries to remove a stick from under her and she gets a little agitated. He got it out, then drug it over her back and agitated her more and they snipped on each other. :teehee: Then he picked it up and took it to the right rails and placed and when done they are too close again and more snipping ensues! :teehee: Pa to the left branch at 8:55 and flies seconds later for the night. At 9:10 Ma raises up and aerates the bowl and back down again. In a few minutes as it started to rain, she got out of the bowl and stood on the nest. She tucked her head while still standing at 10:11. She awakened at 10:27, looked around and preened. Then back to sleep with her head tucked at 10:39. At 12:04 she awakens and preens. She continues to stand on the nest and is awake as I leave at 12:23 am.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 12:40 am 

:1val: Ma spent the night. She was perched on the right rails at 6:05 this morning and Pa was perched on the left branch. Pa alerts and Ma cries softly. Pa down to the nest at 6:13 and stood a bit, then back to the left branch within the same minute and out of sight. At 6:15 Ma hopped to the nest and flew. Neither returned for the remainder of the day. The nest remains empty as I leave at 12:40 am.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 12:42 am 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night on the nest. Ma and Pa did not visit the nest today. The nest remains empty as I leave at 12:43 am.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 11:51 pm 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night on the nest. The nest remained empty till Pa arrived to the left branch at 5:34 this evening and perched. He hopped down to the nest at 6:05 and flew out the rear at 6:06. The nest remains empty as I leave at 11:52 pm.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 1:28 am 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night on the nest. Nobody to the nest today till Ma showed up at 5:43 panting, then to the bowl to stand. At 7:30 Ma is feaking against the side of the bowl even though she has not eaten. Pa arrived at 7:54 to the left branch and down to the nest, then to the bowl to work even though Ma remains standing in it. He moves sticks away from the rim and aerates there. I think he wants to work in the bowl, but Ma won't move. Pa stands and looks around a bit, then he starts aerating in the bowl with Ma and she moves out. Pa removes a couple pine cones and a stick from the bowl, then aerates. At 8:00 Pa moves to the front rails to work, stands a bit, more rail work. He went to the right branch and out of sight at 8:03. you can see the tip of his tail feathers at 8:04 and he flies a minute later. Pa returned at 8:13 with a large stick and placed it to the front rail, then the rear rail, back with it to the front rail, then to the right rail with it and places. Then he turns and faces Ma and gives her a light snip, then more bowl work, stood a bit, more bowl work, more rail work, then stood a bit. Ma heads to the bowl at 8:29 as does Pa, then he does more rail work, more bowl work moving a pine cone and sticks out of it. He flew for the night at 8:46. Ma is standing behind the bowl. She has continued to stand either behind the bowl or on the nest the rest of the evening. Ma is awake and standing on the rear of the nest as I leave at 1:30 am.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 12:53 am 

:1val: Ma spent the night and is standing in the bowl when Pa joined her on the nest at 6:18 this morning and started moving sticks. Next he aerated around the rim of the bowl, moved more sticks. He's too near Ma and she snips him and he snips back. :teehee: Then he continued to try to work with a meager attitude as he wants her to move out of the bowl, but she's not having it. They stand a bit. He started on some rail work, but is too close and they snip on each other again. :teehee: Then he continued his work and Ma decided to back out of the bowl. Pa went to the rail at the base of the left branch at 6:31 and stood a bit, then he hopped up to the left branch and faced Ma on the nest, he perched for a bit. He turned and flew at 6:33. Pa returned at 6:39 with a stick landing too close to Ma and they snip on each other again. :teehee: Pa went to the other side of the nest to move sticks to the rail. At 6:43, Pa flew from the rear. Ma is lying in the bowl by 8:15. She stood at 8:58 and back down at 9:04. Ma raised up to stand at 11:29. She is very wet now from the rains and she stood for a bit. Then she backed up to the rear rails and to spread her wings and flap to shed the water from them, then back to the bowl rim to stand. At 1:01, she went to the left side of the nest to stand. By 2:42 she is lying in the bowl again. At 4:24, Ma stood and looked around, then preened. By 5:50, Ma is lying in the bowl again. At 6:27 you could see Pa fly up to the left branch and he landed out of sight. At 6:28 he side-stepped down the branch to the nest near Ma and aerated and she joined in. Next he went to the rear rails to move sticks, then stood a bit. He went back toward Ma and stood a bit, then backed away a little and stood some more. He walked in front of Ma and she reached up from the bowl and pecked him. :teehee: He went to the rear rails and stood. He flew at 6:35. Ma stood up in the bowl at 6:40. Pa arrived back to the nest at 7:53 and headed to the bowl to aerate and Ma backed up to the rear rails and stood. At 7:56 Ma flew for the night and Pa watched to see where she went. She hasn't eaten today. Pa flew at 7:57 for the night. The wind picked up noticeably after they left for a short period and I wonder if they have a storm coming in. Nobody is on the nest as I leave at 12:53 am.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next