Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 867 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 44  Next
 Post subject: Re: SOUTHWEST FLORIDA, November (2014)-March (2015)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:34 pm 

:thumbup Here is a minute by minute report from Wskrsnwings from earlier today:
Ground Observations by Wskrsnwings: Monday, July 13, 2015

6:00 I am at the nest. Harriet is perched on the left outer branch that juts out from the nest. FV is perched and preening in the right upper branch of the nest tree. No vocals are heard.
6:14 Harriet flies around to the porch and into the nest. FV drops down into the nest. They are both aerating and moving sticks.
6:19 FV launches to the porch, looking around. FV breaks off the long thin stick from the porch perch and takes it to the nest.
6:26 Harriet launches to the porch.
6:27 FV flies back to the pond area and into one of the trees.
6:28 Harriet hops to a branch adjacent to the porch, turns around and then back to the porch.
6:30 Harriet flies to the OCT (old cam tree). She pulls a small branch off, holds it in her beak and then lets it fall to the ground.
6:31 Harriet hops to another branch of the OCT and is biting at the bark and her talons, and feaking her beak.
6:32 FV is trying to break a branch off of a tree by the pond, fails and drops to the ground for a minute before flying to the west pasture.
6:33 Harriet flies over to the light green pine tree in the west pasture and FV flies into the same tree just before Harriet gets there.
6:35 FV flies low to the left/south in front of the tree line and turns east toward the nest with a nice stick. He looks at the stick and hops to the veranda.
6:36 FV launches to the attic, preening and zipping his feathers. Harriet is still in the west pasture in a tree, bobbing her head, looking for the right branch.
6:39-6:44 Harriet is trying to break a branch off the tree and also perching.
6:52 Harriet flies back to the nest with a nice stick. FV watches Harriet from the attic.
7:01 FV flies at the current cam 2 tree, grabs some Spanish moss and flies with it to a west pasture snag tree. He picks at it and the rest drops to the ground.
7:04 FV then flies to the ground and tries to pick up a huge clump of brush that looks heavy, large and awkward. He tries to fly with it and leaves it. He keeps looking.
7:06 FV delivers a huge long branch to the nest. Harriet is very vocal.
(I wish I could see into the nest as both adults seem to be tripping over sticks in the nest. Ozzie, you are going to have a lot of remodeling to do.)
7:08 FV steps up to the upper veranda, then the attic. Harriet is still in the nest.
7:08-7:20 FV is preening and watching. Harriet is watching. FV chatters once and Harriet vocalizes back.
7:20 Harriet steps up to the spike, watchful.
7:23 Harriet flies to a west pasture tree, vocalizing on arrival to the branch. The crows are pestering her briefly.
7:23-7:26 Harriet is really bobbing her head searching for just the right branch and vocalizing.
7:26 Harriet flies at a branch and returns to the nest with it. FV drops into the nest to help.
7:27 Both want the same stick, each holding an end in their beak. Beaking occurs and Harriet also pecks at FV when his head and body are turned down into the nest bowl.
7:29 FV launches to the very top of the spike and then flies to the north end of the west pasture, gliding back in front of the tree line. He is working on breaking a branch from the tree.
7:31 FV flies to another tree another low along the ground and lands in another tree. He has a huge lichen covered branch and the diameter is larger than what his talons can get around.
7:33 The smaller birds are dive bombing him and he vocalizes loud and long. He tries to fly away with the branch and both go to the ground.
7:36 FV returns to the nest with a different stick.
7:38 Neither has really been placing sticks but Harriet makes it known she is in charge by pecking and staring at FV. FV launches to the veranda. Harriet remains in the nest.
7:41 FV flies across the road gliding down near yonder pond.
7:54 Harriet flies across the road and glides over the tree line into yonder pond.
8:00 I am at yonder pond. Both are here. Harriet is perched in the tall pine tree. FV is perched in the tall snag tree. Both are quiet.
8:15 I am headed home after checking other perch spots.
8:45 No eagles were seen at the places I checked. Keep on doing what you are doing, Ozzie. We can wait knowing you are free in your world again. Be safe and return strong, Ozzie. :dancegirl:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:13 pm 

Todays observations by Wskrsnwings:
Ground Observations by Wskrsnwings: Tuesday, July 14, 2015 6:00 I am at the nest. Two adults are in the nest tree in the attic. They are as far away from one another as possible. Harriet is perched in the outer attic. FV is perched next to the trunk. 6:20 Harriet drops down into the nest. She is aerating and moving small sticks. 6:25 FV stretches and turns on the branch, looking north. 6:28 FV flies at the vined snag tree, grabs a vine but it does not break. FV continues on to the west pasture, flying low then up at a palm for a branch. He misses and glides back down past some horses. He stops on the ground and walks around looking for nest material. 6:32 FV flies back to the nest with a nice stick with Spanish moss hanging from it. 5:33 Harriet leaves the nest and goes to the porch. FV steps up to the veranda, then launches to the attic. 6:38-7:00 FV has been preening, zipping his feathers and tucking his foot in. Harriet has been watching the area skies and trees. Both have been vocal a few times, both loud and soft short chirps. 7:00 Harriet vocalizes loudly. 7:03 Harriet is intently tracking something across the road to the south. 7:05 Harriet flies across the road over the tree line and into yonder pond. FV watches her leave, then looks southwest and tucks his foot back in. 7:10 I am at yonder pond. Harriet is quietly perched in the tall pine tree. 7:20-7:30 Harriet is working on expelling a pellet. 7:31 Harriet was preening, now her foot is tucked. 7:32 Harriet is slowly looking around in all directions. 7:36 Harriet turns on the branch and faces south. 7:36 Harriet launches and flies to the south through a stand of small front trees and back out over a distant tree line and out of sight. 7:37 FV flies from the attic over yonder pond following Harriet's path, over and behind the distant tree line. I am leaving yonder pond. 8:15 I am headed home. No sign of Ozzie this am. Be safe and return strong, Ozzie.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:46 pm 

I really feel for WSK, she has been with H and O a long time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:11 pm 

This mornings report from Wskrsnwings:
Today's MOVIE: (wskrsnwings) http://bit.ly/1SnstrQ http://youtu.be/m7iy_kLFPkU Serious Tracking By FV & Harriet Takes Greenery With Her 07-15-15 Both adults simply perched before leaving this morning. FV intently stared into the south skyline as he and Harriet exchanged short vocals. Harriet grabbed greenery as she launched from the branch. Only she knows why she carried it with her to the south. Mom misses you, Dad. Be safe and return strong, Ozzie.

Curious, that Harriet would take greenery with her and fly toward the south ...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:23 pm 

From this morning:

Ground Observations by Wskrsnwings: Thursday, July 16, 2015 9:32 I am at the nest area. The tree and pastures look fine, no blown branches or palm fronds. Everything is squeaky clean from the rains. I checked the nest tree pasture, west pasture, yonder pond, little pond and the power poles. Drove down a couple of roads south and east of yonder pond - dense wooded landscape with trees and snags everywhere. Any eagle could be hidden there anywhere. I did not see any eagles... or nests. ;) 10:15 I am headed home. Be safe you three. Return strong, Ozzie.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:51 pm 

MORNING REPORT:

Ground Observations by Wskrsnwings: Friday, July 17, 2015 6:00 I am at the nest. Two adults are perched in the nest tree. FV is in the attic and Harriet in an upper right branch. 6:10-6:40 both are preening, stretching with shirt vocals/chatter off and on. 6:43 FV flies across the road to the south and circles back over yonder pond and then southwest over the shopping center and out of sight. 6:43-6:46 Harriet watches to the southwest briefly then she watches to the west. 6:46 Harriet leaves the nest tree gliding over to a west pasture tree She is hidden behind a palm tree and then hops out on a big limb. 7:03 Harriet is preening and spots something below her and vocalizes loudly like an alert. There is nothing visible and she perched quietly. 7:12 Harriet casts a huge pellet. 7:14 Nice crop drop by Harriet. 7:16 Harriet vocalizes loudly, sounds like her "calling" vocal and then she turns to the southeast. 7:19 Harriet is bobbing her head, looking in the tree line then preening, and bobbing and looking again. 7:21 Harriet flies to another tree closer to the front and is very vocal - loud and long again. The small birds start flying at her. 7:25 Harriet swoops low along the ground and back up into the same tree. 7:40 Harriet flies to the south and then southwest and out of sight. 7:45 I am headed home. Be safe and return strong, Ozzie. Harriet is still calling so you will hear her when you arrive back home.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:12 am 

From yesterday:

Today's MOVIE: (wskrsnwings) http://bit.ly/1CSxzL2
http://youtu.be/mjwjQkfIXWg
Harriet Is On Alert This AM And Only She Knows Why 07-20-15
This morning Harriet was very vocal and focused on the skies around her. She would vocalize and then look around. I like to think this was her day to "call around town" and see if Ozzie was back in hearing range, but I never did see another eagle except for FV. Harriet is still calling for you, Ozzie. Be safe and return strong.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:00 pm 

FROM EARLIER TODAY:

Today's MOVIE: (wskrsnwings) http://bit.ly/1OjVx2z
http://youtu.be/6YwsJMKbHao
A Different Day ~ A Quieter Tune 07-21-15
Harriet was alone in the nest tree this morning. She only vocalized once before she left and flew to the same tree as she did yesterday. No sighting of Ozzie this morning. Be safe and return strong, Ozzie.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:57 pm 

:loveheart:

Swin, Thank you so much for posting these daily, greatly appreciated (don't check FB daily..)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:23 pm 

Your welcome bonbon! Posted this eve:

Today's MOVIE: (wskrsnwings) http://bit.ly/1MlC4A0 http://youtu.be/poAaLyVWxd4 Early Morning Vocals & A Lost Stick 07-22-15 Harriet vocalized frequently this morning. FV decided to grab nest material and bring it back to the nest, but was not successful.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:20 pm 

FROM EARLIER TODAY:

Today's MOVIE: (wskrsnwings) http://bit.ly/1IkBHUt
http://youtu.be/yZfokHfwa9E
Quiet Nest & Pasture ~FV Does Not Stay Long 07-23-15
Harriet was not seen or heard this morning. FV was on a nest tree branch and left before sunrise. Perhaps Harriet spent yesterday preening at the nest for a late night date "out of town". Ozzie is out there somewhere. Be safe and return strong, Ozzie.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:09 pm 

From today:

Ground Observations by Wskrsnwings: Friday, July 24, 2015 6:00 I am at the nest. There is one adult perched in the attic, preening and quiet. 6:18 A vocalization is heard. It is FV in the attic. I do not see or hear Harriet. 6:22 FV quietly vocalizes again. 6:30 A pair of Hawks are perched at the top of the right pond tree. FV is watching them. 6:30-6:45 FV is quietly perched, vocalizing once more, looking south to west mostly. 6:46 FV stretches his wings, has a poop shoot, rouses and moves over on the branch. 6:50 FV flies across the road to the southwest landing on top of the cell tower. It took him exactly one minute to get there. 7:00 I leave the nest area, check the ponds nearby and head home. No sign of Harriet or Ozzie. Be safe you two and return strong, Ozzie.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:11 pm 

And also this from today:

Today's MOVIE: (wskrsnwings) http://bit.ly/1IiUJ9o http://youtu.be/zpliiPsqFfA Morning #2 ~ FV Is Still Alone 07-24-15 FV is in the nest tree alone a second morning, preening and softly vocalizing 3 short times before flying to the tower to perch. Harriet may be out of the area alone or, hopefully, with Ozzie. Be safe you two and return strong, Ozzie.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:17 am 

This morning:

Ground Observations by Wskrsnwings: Monday, July 27, 2015 6:00 I am at the rain soaked nest. I do not hear or see any eagles but it is still very dark. The horses are sheltered under a front oak tree. 6:05-6:55 I am sitting in the car. It is raining and blowing, no lightning. 6:55 it has stopped raining. There was a hawk perched in the nest tree that just flew northwest to the horse stable area. 7:00 I do not see any eagles on the cement tower. 7:05 I am at yonder pond and the water level has risen considerably since last Friday. There are no eagles here, only singing frogs and a dragonfly looking to land on the tall grasses. 7:15 As I check around the area, I do not see any eagles perched on top of any of the Norfolk pines. 7:30 I am headed home. The nest appears intact and there are no broken branches. No eagles are seen or heard. The birds of SW Fl are very smart. Unless they are still caring for their young at nests, which eagles are not, they leave the area, along with other creatures, prior to impending tropical storms and hurricanes. This could be what Harriet did last Wednesday and she may stay away for a while. We just have to wait and see. Interesting tidbit: the dragonflies are the first winged creatures back after a hurricane. Be safe Ozzie, Harriet and FV too. Return strong, Ozzie.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:53 pm 

FROM THIS MORNING:

Ground Observations by Wskrsnwings: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 6:00 I am at the nest. No eagles are seen or heard. 6:00-7:00 A hawk vocalizing in the distance flew into the nest tree pasture and perched on a top branch of the right pond tree. The hawk continued to vocalize until flying away 20 minutes later. Muscovy ducks flew from the pasture pond to the front pine and perched there for a while before flying across the road. The skyline and sunrise are bright this morning, giving the nest a great chance to dry out after the last four rainy days. I find myself thinking how nice it would be for Ozzie to return today which would place him at his nest, in charge and, on offense to defend his nest and keep intruders away. The best defense is a good offense. 7:25 I am headed home. As I checked nearby perch spots, there were no eagles seen. Be safe Ozzie, Harriet and FV too. Return strong, Ozzie.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:59 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for keeping up with all of this, Swinwk!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:32 pm 
Global Moderator

:attention: Ditto!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:45 pm 

:dancegirl: You all are welcome! And from earlier today:

Ground Observations by Wskrsnwings: Wednesday, July 29, 2015
6:05-6:40 I am at the nest. I had planned on a sprinkle or two of rain according to the local TV meteorologist, but steady rain with lightning is what I encountered. So I never ventured out of the car while at the nest site. I could not see or hear any eagles in the nest area and pastures.
6:40-7:05 I checked the power poles, cell tower, yonder pond and the distant Norfolk pines. No eagles sighted or heard.
7:10 I am headed home. Eagles are smarter than humans, meaning me for sure. That built-in barometer of theirs takes them flying away from the unsettled weather patterns we see here during July and August, for days and/or weeks at a time.
http://www.learner.org/jnorth/tm/NeotropLesson7.html
I am hoping Harriet chose the same area that Ozzie did. Stay safe Ozzie, Harriet and FV too. Return strong, Ozzie.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:39 am 

FROM TODAY:

Today's MOVIE: (wskrsnwings) http://bit.ly/1LZDjWp
http://youtu.be/ahw5PBVPiMw
While The Eagles Are Away The GHO Will Play 07-30-15
No eagles were seen or heard during my visit today, but two GHO (great horned owl) were seen and heard in the still dark of the morning.This could be the pair that pestered Ozzie and Harriet early last season. Harriet was last seen 7-22, Ozzie on 6-17 and FV on 7-25. Be safe and eat well, you three. Return strong, Ozzie.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:39 pm 

thanks SWINK

I guess it will play how how God intended. always good thoughts here

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 867 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 44  Next