Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 867 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 44  Next
 Post subject: Re: SOUTHWEST FLORIDA, November (2014)-March (2015)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:05 pm 

From this morning:

Ground Observations by Wskrsnwings: Thursday, August 20, 2015 6:00-6:40 I am at the nest. Two adults are in the nest tree. Harriet is perched out from the nest on an outer branch, FV is perched high above the nest on a branch. 6:40 As FV drops down to the nest Harriet vocalizes. 6:42 FV launches to the attic and is zipping his feathers. Both are vocal. Harriet walks out farther on the branch. 6:50 Harriet hops out to the end of the branch. Both adults are vocal as the hawk approaches the pasture area. Harriet watches the hawk fly by the pond area and to the NW over the tree line. 6:53 Harriet is tracking something to the south. She launches from the branch, flying to the south. FV leaves too and follows Harriet's route over yonder pond and past the distant tree line. 6:55-7:10 No eagles are seen or heard at yonder pond and other nearby ponds, Norfolk/slash/snag perching trees or the cell tower or power poles. 7:10 I am headed home. No sighting of Ozzie today. Be safe and return strong, Ozzie.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:14 pm 

This morning:

Ground Observations by Wskrsnwings: Friday, August 21, 2015
6:00-6:35 I am at the nest. FV is perched in the upper branch above nest with his foot hanging down. H is in a branch out from the nest. Harriet vocalizes twice.
6:36 Harriet flies around the nest tree to the front and back around past the OCT, landing on the same nest tree branch where FV is perched. She vocalizes on landing.
6:40-6:55 Both are vocal at times and preening. The hawk flies by and Harriet vocalizes once. Due to the lack of daylight, I do not know if they look at each other sometimes, but they both watch the horizon in all different directions. Harriet did turn her head down to watch FV when he leaned forward once. I wonder why eagles look at each other like the two of them did the other day when they respectively stretched their wings. Harriet and FV do some beaking when he is watching Harriet clean her talons.
6:56FV has a poop shoot and turns on the branch to face north.
6:58 FV is tracking something and flies from the nest tree branch north, then NW. Harriet watches him.
7:00-7:50 Harriet spends her time perched and preening and, of course, vocalizing.
7:50-7:53 Harriet has been looking NW and north and appears to track something to the east heading SE at 7:52 AM.
7:53 Harriet flies straight SE.
7:57-8:02 I am at yonder pond. There are no eagles here or in the Norfolk pine. I can hear Harriet vocalizing in the distance.
8:09 I can see FV on a Norfolk pine at a nearby pond. I hear Harriet again but cannot see her. Because FV had gone north and I cannot positively ID him on top of the pine. I zoom in on his legs. It is not the best footage but I do not see a band on the right leg. The sun looks to be shining on that leg and there is no "ridging" that would indicate a band. I was sure "a wishin' & a hopin'".
8:15 Now I see Harriet hidden nicely in a slash pine tree near the Norfolk pine where FV is perched. She is quiet now.
8:30 I am headed home. No sighting of Ozzie this morning. We keep looking for you to come home, Ozzie - be safe and return strong.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:57 pm 

FROM THIS MORNING:

Ground Observations by Wskrsnwings: Saturday, August 22, 2015
6:00-6:50 I am at the nest. Harriet is perched in the OCT (old cam 2 tree). There are no other eagles seen or heard in the pasture areas. Harriet starts her vocalizations around 6:30 and continues to vocalize, preen, stretch her wings, have a crop drop or two and watch her territory.
6:50-7:25 The hawks can be heard vocalizing early in the tree line across the street and later in the nest pasture pond area and the west pasture. Harriet is quite vocal this morning, especially when the hawks call and enter the pond tree snag. She also is surveying her territory and letting others know she is "at home". She preens and is still losing smaller feathers as her molt continues.
7:27 Something catches Harriet's eye in the NW sky and she is tracking it closely.
7:28-7:40 FV flies in from the distant NW. Harriet vocalizes as he lands in an upper branch of the nest tree. Harriet flies to the nest and starts aerating. FV drops down into the nest and aerates too. They walk around and seem to have only one "disagreement" before FV launches to the attic, then to a higher branch. Harriet remains in the nest for some time before hopping to the porch, then launching to the attic.
7:40-8:05 Both are preening and vocalizing. Harriet continues to do most of the vocalizing
8:09 FV flies from the nest tree across the road to the SE. Harriet vocalizes and watches to the SE briefly.
8:16 Harriet is tracking to the south and launches from the branch toward the south and out of sight.
8:20-25 I stopped by yonder pond. No eagles are seen or heard. No eagles are seen in the Norfolk pine south of the pond.
8:30 I am headed home. Keep your silver bling shining bright, Ozzie. We are watching for you. Be safe and return strong, Ozzie.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:16 pm 

This morning:

Ground Observations by Wskrsnwings: Sunday, August 23, 2015
6:00-6:40 I am at the nest. Two adults are in a front pine tree. Harriet is on an outer branch closer to the nest than the branch where FV is perched. I can see FV moving on the branch. Vocals are heard by both at 6:39.
6:40 FV vocalizes and flies to the nest tree, landing in an upper branch. Harriet is vocal and remains in the front pine.
6:55-7:10 A hawk flies in and FV is vocal. Harriet just watches. You can hear another hawk calling from yonder pond and then the west pasture. Harriet is vocalizing at the hawks off & on, and FV occasionally, until another hawk flies over which makes Harriet really vocalize. A great egret flies over the nest tree and FV vocalizes. The hawks continue calling to one another.
7:10-7:38 Harriet flies into the nest and begins aerating. FV soon drops down to the attic and misses, taking a quick drop down to the nest. FV launches to the attic while Harriet remains in the nest. The hawks are flying in and out of the pasture areas and Harriet is vocalizing warnings to them. FV occasionally chimes in. Harriet takes time out from vocalizing to aerate the nest again. FV watches.
7:38-8:00 Harriet steps over to the spike extension. Both she and FV are softly vocal. They both preen and watch the territory with Harriet vocalizing off and on.
8:02-8:55 Harriet preens and watches her territory in all directions, intently at times. She continues to vocalize off and on.
8:55 Harriet is watching south again and launches from the nest tree, flying across the road. She vocalizes long and loud upon landing in the tree line between the nest tree pasture and yonder pond where FV was last seen flying.
9:00 I am headed home. No sighting of Ozzie today. Be safe and return strong, Ozzie.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:27 am 

Monday morning:

Ground Observations by Wskrsnwings: Monday, August 24, 2015
6:00-6:50 I am at the nest. Harriet and FV are perched on the same branch in the old cam 2 tree. Harriet is not nearly as vocal this morning as she has been lately. FV seems more vocal, initiating one or two but still usually chiming in when Harriet vocalizes. At 6:28, FV turns on the branch and launches to the branch above. FV has one foot dropped down. Both preen and stretch. Harriet rouses.
6:52 Harriet flies quietly to the nest. FV looks around and watches the nest tree before flying there. Harriet launches to the attic.
6:55 FV flies to the attic, landing between Harriet and the main tree trunk. Harriet vocalizes when FV lands.
6:57 Harriet, then FV, fly quietly from the nest tree heading south across the road. Harriet turns to the southwest and way out of my sight. FV was last seen flying to the southeast.
7:02 I am at yonder pond. I do not see or hear any eagles here, at the Norfolk pine south of the pond or the surrounding trees.
7:10 I am headed home. No sighting of Ozzie this morning. Be safe and return strong, Ozzie.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:37 pm 

This morning:

Ground Observations by Wskrsnwings: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 6:00-6:30 I am at the nest. Harriet is in the OCT (old cam 2 tree). FV is perched in the upper branch of the nest tree. Both are quiet. 6:30-6:45 Both take turns initiating vocalizations and answering. Both stretch their wings and bodies. The hawks are calling each other and Harriet watches for them but is not vocalizing at them. 6:45-7:00 A hawk lands in the pond snag tree. Both Harriet and FV vocalize the arrival and continue to watch them and vocalize some. FV tracks the hawk as it leaves the snag tree. 7:00 Harriet flies from the OCT past the nest tree, around the front pines and back landing in the nest. FV drops into the nest from the upper branch. 7:00-7:02 Harriet doesn't stay long and launches to the attic. FV launches to the attic shortly after. Harriet turns to face south and vocalizes, then flies to the upper veranda and grabs some "greenery" (pine bough), returning to the nest with it. FV goes back in the nest too. There is a short beaking session; Harriet is in charge of course. FV hops to the veranda as Harriet hops to the spike extension. FV then launches to the attic. 7:05 Harriet launches from the nest tree, flying quickly across the road straight south. FV leaves the nest tree following Harriet. They both fly far over the tree lines and out of sight. 7:30 I am headed home. I did not see or hear any eagles at nearby perch and hunting spots. No sighting of Ozzie this AM. Be safe and return strong, Ozzie.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:37 pm 

This morning:

Ground Observations by Wskrsnwings: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 6:00-6:30 I am at the nest. Harriet is perched in a front pine tree. No vocals. No other eagles are seen or heard. 6:33 Harriet vocalizes once, loud and short, from the front pine tree. 6:39-6:41 Harriet vocalizes louder and longer. She is preening and stretches her wings and body, perhaps a poop shot too. Harriet vocalizes again, looking toward the nest and walks farther out on the branch. 6:42-6:45 Harriet flies to the nest tree and into the nest. She is just sitting in the nest looking around the area. She walks over to the spike extension, settles and vocalizes once. She is looking in all directions surveying her territory. 6:50 Harriet is intently looking SSE and flies from the nest tree across the road and past the distant tree lines. 6:55 Black vultures fly over from the NE and East heading SW across the road. 7:00-7:30 I go check yonder pond and there are no eagles there. But I see the group of black vultures perched in a tall pine adjacent the shopping center parking lot. Thinking there may be carrion nearby, I check for eagles but see and hear none. I cannot see the ground under that tree as the brush is so thick. 7:30 I am headed home. No sighting of Ozzie today. Be safe and return strong, Ozzie.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:59 pm 

This morning:

Ground Observations: Thursday, August 27, 2015 6:05-6:30 I am at the nest. Harriet and FV are in the OCT (old cam 2 tree) on separate branches, Harriet on a higher branch. No eagle vocals are heard. There are frog vocalizations and standing water in the pastures this morning. It was stormy last evening and night in the area, but the nest tree and the eagles are just fine. 6:35-7:00 Both are preening and zipping feathers, rousing and have crop drops. FV vocalizes more than Harriet does this morning. Today is his day with a lot to say. - 6:35 FV stretches a wing and vocalizes but Harriet does not respond. - 6:36 Harriet vocalizes, FV responds. - 6:40 & 6:42 FV vocalizes. No response from Harriet, she is preening. - 6:45 Harriet vocalizes, FV responds. 6:46 FV turns and launches inside Harriet on the branch. There is a nice "head up" vocal from Harriet and FV chatters and vocalizes. FV moves away from Harriet and has his head down. - 6:48 FV launches to a higher branch. No vocals. - 6:50-7:00 FV vocalizes three times. He has his foot out over the branch looking around some also. Harriet is quiet and watching her territory in all directions, mostly south. 7:05 Harriet flies from the OCT across the road heading south. FV follows her right away, taking the same path. I watch them fly over the tree lines and out of sight. 7:20 I am headed home. No sighting of Ozzie this AM. I think of Ozzie high and dry in his healing place. Be safe and return strong, Ozzie.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:14 am 

This morning:

Today's MOVIE: (wskrsnwings) http://bit.ly/1Uib9Wc
http://youtu.be/0XyaepLanI8
A Beautiful Morning For Calling & Flying 08-28-15
It was still quite dark when Harriet and FV flew to one of the pond snag trees. Harriet was quite vocal once there as was FV. They spent a while watching the territory before flying to the SE at sunrise.No sighting of Ozzie. Be safe and return strong, Ozzie.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:24 pm 

This morning:

Today's MOVIE: (wskrsnwings) http://bit.ly/1F7jkxK
http://youtu.be/nyfoi9LD8_Y
FV Is Alone With The Moon~Venus~Hawk~Woodpecker 08-29-15
Only FV was in the nest tree pasture this morning under the full moon and Venus shining bright. He spent his time preening, vocalizing a bit and tracking in the S & SW sky. The hawk and pileated woodpecker visited. No sighting of Ozzie this AM. Be safe and return strong, Ozzie.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:58 pm 

This morning:

Today's MOVIE: (wskrsnwings) http://bit.ly/1Q22Vkx http://youtu.be/d4C3ZHCiRiU Harriet Flies Early~FV Gets A Fish~An Active Pasture 08-30-15 Harriet was quite vocal this AM and flew early to the SE. FV stayed and caught a nice fish from the nest pasture pond but dropped it while eating. FV was still perched in the pasture when I left at 9 AM. The hawks, herons, ducks, shrikes, vultures and horses show us plenty of activity this morning. No sighting of Ozzie this AM. Be safe and return strong, Ozzie.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:35 pm 

FROM YESTERDAY:

Today's MOVIE: (wskrsnwings) http://bit.ly/1JxCtNa
http://youtu.be/zaPlsQYLvh8
Harriet Has A Lot To Say Today 08-31-15
Harriet won the vocalizing "contest" this morning and flew so majestically to the southeast. FV was quieter today and did his flight maneuvers over to the west pasture. The weather has given us nice skyline, stars, planets, lightning and rainbows to view lately. Wind gave the old cam 2 tree a sway of its' own this AM. The old cam tree is standing tall for your return, Ozzie - be safe and return strong.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:43 pm 

This morning:

Today's MOVIE: (wskrsnwings) http://bit.ly/1L27kPT
http://youtu.be/8ZQ1Xvl-Hlg
The Morning Belongs To Harriet 09-01-15
Harriet was alone in the nest tree this morning. FV was never seen. She was not as vocal today as she kept watch over her territory. Keep watch, Mom as you always do. We all wait for Ozzie to return strong.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:04 pm 

From yesterday:

Today's MOVIE: (wskrsnwings) http://bit.ly/1KJ95pt
http://youtu.be/ZqYk555bjaA
Atlas V Rocket Launch Gets Harriet's Morning Started Early 09-02-15
A pre-dawn rocket launch lit up the sky and got Harriet's attention, vocalizing as it passed by. Harriet and FV were in the nest briefly and flew south from the nest tree before sunrise. No sighting of Ozzie. Be safe and return strong, Ozzie.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:21 pm 

This morning:

Today's MOVIE: (wskrsnwings) http://bit.ly/1LOYuIq
http://youtu.be/UqwtPUzFHNU
Observing Interactions Between Harriet And FV 09-03-15
It fascinates me to watch the young FV and the wise seasoned Harriet interact with each other. Each day of observation shows us more of what we have yet to learn about eagles in their day to day lives. Speculation is to be avoided but observation is welcomed. What appears to be happening in their lives, as you or I see it to be, may not be what is happening at all. I do these videos for you to see these birds in the wild, managing quite well on their own with their own. Ozzie has time to return, it is up to him. Trust the eagles. Be safe and return strong, Ozzie.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:27 pm 

From NBC 2 news in Ft. Meyers ... possible Ozzie sighting?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:06 am 

Thanks, Swinwk! Fingers crossed!

(The NE Florida male, Romeo has returned! http://www.eagles.org/Cams/FloridaNest.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:45 pm 

This morning:

Today's MOVIE: (wskrsnwings) http://bit.ly/1fZK50f
http://youtu.be/YvvfL0CZfCw
Looking For Eagles On A Friday Morning 09-04-15
Harriet was not in the nest tree or pastures this morning so I thought it would be a good time to look for both her and Ozzie, and even FV too. I only found Harriet. She was perched and watching on the power pole this morning, Ozzie - be safe and return strong.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:36 pm 

FROM YESTERDAY:

Today's MOVIE: (wskrsnwings) http://bit.ly/1NeckWe
http://youtu.be/ZGKiOrbETtg
Vocalizing & Perching At A Closer Level 09-07-15
I hope you watch this this morning's interactions with an "eagle eye" and learn we still have a lot to learn about eagles. There are a number of questions to be answered this year - and only the eagles know the answers. We continue to wait and see if Ozzie will return to Harriet and the nest. It appears that Harriet is now thinking more about finding a suitable mate for the new nesting season. "Permanent" pair bonding in eagles isn't something that happens in a few weeks or even months - it occurs over time and doesn't really 'cement' until they raise a clutch together. And even if two eagles are seen perching side by side and appear to have some physical contact at times - that doesn't mean they will form a permanent bond. The true test comes when breeding time has arrived. We will learn from Harriet, Ozzie, until we see you back - be safe and return strong.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:15 pm 

Attempt to mate this morning:

Today's MOVIE: (wskrsnwings) http://bit.ly/1ESHJw6
http://youtu.be/fhLNgyzc7DI
FV Attempts To Mate~Gets A Branch~Defends The Area 09-08-15
FV attempted to mate/bond with Harriet this morning, brought a branch to the nest and chased one of the hawks from one of the back pond snags. Harriet vocalized her approval when FV brought a branch and flushed the hawk. They vocalized to each other quite a bit this am. As nesting season approaches, we still wait to see if Ozzie will return. Be safe and return strong, Ozzie.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 867 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 44  Next