Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 846 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
 Post subject: Re: RICHMOND, VA~2014
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:00 pm 
Global Moderator

Jack :tissue: I am so sorry Barb.
Hugs to you... (((())))

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:07 pm 

Barb, sorry to hear about Jake these things are so hard on us. Sure glad to see you and to know your going to be here a bit. The house thing, well I really feel for you there. Every time we think it is all ready something else pops up and then its back to the drawing board. :furious:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:58 pm 
Site Admin

Its really great to see you, Barb!!!...and so very sorry to hear about Jake...our fur babies are a huge part of our family...and its so tough when you have to go through this with one of them...hugs!!

Now, about our girl...too bad "ozzie and Harriet" only had sons :teehee: ...could keep with the theme...I'll put my thinking cap on...gonna go back and look at pics after she got her band...see if anything rings a bell about her personality...

it was nice of Amanda to ask your opinion...I'm sure critter nation have already made tons of suggestions!!

(I've always liked Catori, which is Hopi for Spirit!!)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:04 pm 

Thanks everyone, I started going through it all today and got distracted. Let me know if you have any special memories or thoughts from this year. I did confirm with Sergio that she is the smaller one (slightly). All I can remember is her sitting on the crane all day and a small crash landing day two. Of course, they were both overfed and adorable too. This could possibly the last hatch for this pair so it will be a great lasting memory of them to have her around. Amanda is totally smitten as we all would be.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:25 pm 
Global Moderator

Ruby or Rubie >> Rubie/from Richmond ;))

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:18 pm 

YOU KNOW OBXBARB, I HAD THOUGHT PREVIOUSLY ABOUT GOING TO WCV SITE AND INVITING AMANDA TO VIEW THE 2014 SEASON HERE AS A GUEST. I WASN'T SURE ABOUT POSTING OF THIS SITE ELSEWHERE. IT DOESN'T TAKE TOO LONG AS THERE ARE ONLY 41 PAGES NOW. I THINK IT'S IMPORTANT TO KNOW FROM WHENCE SHE CAME (OZZIE AND HARRIET AND PREVIOUS NESTS) AND THE STRUGGLES THIS NEST MUST OVERCOME AND THE LOVING CARE AND CONCERN FROM THE BIOLOGISTS, FLEDGE WATCH GROUP AND OF COURSE US! ONCE THE PICS AND VIDS START SHOWING THE LEGS AND FEET OF THE 2 SISTERS, YOU CAN TELL WHO YELLOW-BAND IS AS SHE HAS THE BLUISH ONES. AMANDA WILL BE AWARE OF THIS. WHO CAN FORGET SEEING "THE CAGE" FOR THE 1ST TIME? THEN SIS IS BANDED AND SHE IS NOT D/T A WEAK TALON AND SHE'S OFF TO THE VET THAT DAY INSTEAD AND WE THINK SHE IS MIA! SHE NEEDS TO SEE MOM'S FIERCENESS FROM THE NEWSPAPER ARTICLE THE DAY SHE STARED DOWN THE BIOLOGISTS THROUGH THAT OPENING IN THE ROOF WHEN THEY TOOK THEM TO BE BANDED AND BE AWARE MOM KNOCKED THE HARDHAT OFF THE BIOLOGIST'S HEAD THE DAY THEY ACTUALLY DID BAND HER! ALL OF THIS CAN BE ACCESSED FROM THE SITE. I THINK SHE WAS THE FIRST TO FLEDGE WITH A SHORT TRIP AND THEN OFF TO THE MOVING CRANE, ETC. EVEN WHEN SHE WENT DOWN ON DAY 3, THE VID CAN BE ACCESSED OF HER ON THE GROUND WITH HER INJURIES AND THE HEAVE OF HER CHEST WITH THE RAPID RESPIRATIONS AS SHE DECIDES WHERE TO GO NEXT. I THINK YELLOW-BAND'S NAME IS WITHIN AMANDA'S HEART ALREADY AND SHE WILL LET IT COME FORTH! THIS IS WHO YELLOW-BAND WILL BE KNOWN AS AND WE WILL CONTINUE TO LOVE AND SUPPORT HER AS SHE CARRIES OUT HER IMPORTANT MISSION FOR THE "PEREGRINE FALCON"!!! :loveheart2:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:34 pm 

Nice to see you again, Barb! Glad you're back! :sum9:

I hope you got to see the videos of our girl training with Amanda & having a bath. She really is very special! :flirty:

The only thing I can think of relating to her past is the fact that she appeared to enjoy watching construction & sat on the crane watching, and the only name I have thought of relating to that was Builder Bob--make it Bobbie since she's a girl. That was very nice of Amanda to think of asking our opinions. I was thinking that this is the rehab that you volunteer for so you have probably seen Pefa a good bit--lucky you!
:loveshow:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:56 pm 
Site Admin

One of the things I remember about these girls is that they seemed to start exploring/wandering sooner than chicks in previous years...(I'd really have to search to validate that)...I'm up to page 31 (talk about a walk down memory lane)...it seems that Yellow was the stronger flyer of the two early on...she did spend time on the Crane ( we could call her Crane..kidding)..and around the construction site..then on page 31, you (barb) broke the news to us about her collision:

"I've just been on the phone with everybody. One of the girls hit a building and went down. She is at the vet and will soon be on her way to the Wildlife Center. I just talked to them to make sure they have someone to give a report to Rex for tomorrow. I think her injuries are bad but not life threatening. Cross your fingers. She ran into the Wells Fargo building which is behind McGuire Woods."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:27 pm 
Site Admin

Lots of wonderful pics from the Gala...and some really good ones of "our girl"...

Loved the bobble heads...and what's with the tiaras? LOL...and there must be some sort of inside joke about Elvis!!

(quite the fancy attire.....I got nothing in my closet!!!!)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:03 pm 

Mary Anne - thank you. I loved the pictures. And yeah what is up with the tiarras?! LOL Everyone seemed to be having a great time. I am amazed at how the critters are calm with that mob of people. Our girl is beautiful. I can tell she is cared for........

:loveshow: :loveshow: :loveshow:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:53 pm 
Global Moderator

ImageImage

TY Mary Anne :))
What a fun evening with all the critters and wonderful folks!
When I win the lottery we will all go to the Gala.
Shopping for our dresses and shoes the week before.
LOTS of goodies to bid on and take home! ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:48 pm 

:hall6: OBTAINED THIS INFO FROM TODAYS CRITTER CAM CHAT AND PAST AND WHO KNOWS WHERE: THE "DIVAS" WORE THE TIARAS. THE EP LAMP IS AUCTIONED EVERY YEAR, HOWEVER YOU OR WHOEVER YOU GIVE IT TO ARE ALLOWED TO KEEP IT FOR 1 YEAR ONLY. FREQUENTLY, IT FINDS IT'S WAY TO MR. CLARK'S ( PRESIDENT AND CO-FOUNDER OF WCV) OFFICE. ONE OF THE DIVAS CAME UP WITH THE IDEA TO POOL THE MONEY AND GIVE AMANDA THE "NAMING RIGHTS" 1 WEEK PRIOR TO THE AUCTION. THE POOLED MONEY CAME FROM THEM, CRITTER NATION FOLKS THAT IF SOMEONE @ WCV HAD ACCESS OF EMAIL ADDRESS AND SOME OF THOSE PRESENT NIGHT OF AUCTION DECIDING TO ADD TO THE POT. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND YET WHO THE DIVAS ARE, BUT BELIEVE THEY PARTICIPATE IN CHAT AND WONDER IF THEY ARE MORE LOCAL SUPPORTERS OF WCV. SOMEONE QUIPPED: THE PIC OF THE LITTLE GIRL WEARING A TIARA MUST BE A "DIVA IN TRAINING" :teehee:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:49 pm 

I am going to see Amanda next weekend at the rehab training so I'll have to find out. They have a pretty tight group on the chat. I have been wandering down memory lane too with these cuties, I was so glad when the eggs hatched.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:43 am 
Site Admin

THanks for that info, swinwk!!

Barb, So glad you will be visiting with Amanda and hopefully our girl too!!
:leaves:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:39 am 

Beth wrote:
ImageImage

TY Mary Anne :))
What a fun evening with all the critters and wonderful folks!
When I win the lottery we will all go to the Gala.
Shopping for our dresses and shoes the week before.
LOTS of goodies to bid on and take home! ...

I will do the same if I win! :sum9:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:11 pm 

:dancegirl: BIDDING VID AVAILABLE UNDER POST TO PAGE ON FB!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:55 am 

I was with Amanda Sunday. She really appreciated all the feedback and still hasn't decided. She wants it to be appropriate to her background. I'm with Bryan these two days trying to drag stories out of him :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:04 am 
Global Moderator

Hi Barb :loveshow:

Can't wait to hear what Amanda picks!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:32 am 
Global Moderator

Update...Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Camera Offline

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:22 am 
Site Admin

Thanks Beth....I keep checking this cam regularly in hopes of catching one of them...but, they've never been ones to hang out at the box during the off-season...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 846 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next