Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS JUNE-DECEMBER 2021
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:09 am 

Australia~Sydney Sea Eagle Oct 22, 2021 Morning SE28 Fledge / Falls and later SE27 Fledge :buzzybee: :buzzybee:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:41 am 

loza wrote:
Australia~Sydney Sea Eagle Oct 22, 2021 Morning SE28 Fledge / Falls and later SE27 Fledge :buzzybee: :buzzybee:

Hope SE28 ok. Thanks Loza.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:59 am 

:penguin: Heads up to all osprey lovers. Got this from Poppy the mod:

"Jacob Steinberg’s blue chip documentary “Season of the Osprey” premieres in the United States on Wednesday, October 27, at 8pm ET on PBS Nature (check local listings). For more information, visit SeasonoftheOsprey.com."

To be released internationally at a later date, so all members will have an opportunity to see.

"Jacob’s film is sensational! It is the best footage of osprey flying, fishing and at the nest that I have ever seen. It’s a dazzling look at the osprey’s day-to-day life. And there’s the ability to integrate all that into the surrounding landscape of the Connecticut coast, bringing in some of the other wildlife that share this habitat. No one has done it better!"

Dr. Alan F. Poole

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:03 am 
Global Moderator

Thanks Swinwk for the heads up!! :10sum:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:09 am 

SWINWK wrote:
:penguin: Heads up to all osprey lovers. Got this from Poppy the mod:

"Jacob Steinberg’s blue chip documentary “Season of the Osprey” premieres in the United States on Wednesday, October 27, at 8pm ET on PBS Nature (check local listings). For more information, visit SeasonoftheOsprey.com."

To be released internationally at a later date, so all members will have an opportunity to see.

"Jacob’s film is sensational! It is the best footage of osprey flying, fishing and at the nest that I have ever seen. It’s a dazzling look at the osprey’s day-to-day life. And there’s the ability to integrate all that into the surrounding landscape of the Connecticut coast, bringing in some of the other wildlife that share this habitat. No one has done it better!"

Dr. Alan F. Poole
I can hardly wait! I saw a preview after watching PBS Nature's "My Garden of a Thousand Bees". Fabulous!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:41 pm 

:wave
If all goes according to plan,
I will update the eagle forums this weekend to get them ready for the
2021-22 nesting season.

If you know of any changes that need to be addressed, please send me a PM.
I have several new nests, changes to cam links, etc. on my list.

Don't worry about duplicating what I have.
Better to have twice then not at all!

Thanks!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:48 pm 

An update and the latest news SE27 was found on the roadside in a busy area of Sydney Olympic Park. We are very fortunate that the ranger who captured the juvenile was experienced in handling animals. They contacted me and the eaglet has been taken for veterinary care and assessment. We believe this is SE27 who may have become "lost" flying away from the wetlands and becoming confused. It is probably dehydrated but will receive all necessary care and assessment. We shall let you all know when we have any news.

there is a picture on Fb

I just checked and an adult is on branch at nest presently

my hopes are that is o.k., they put it back at nest. I personally do not think, either was ready to fledge. ( to be fed by adults)

I am relieved S27 was found.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:03 am 

From FB

Wow ·
Kavishka Amarasinghe
A female falcon was equipped with a satellite tracking system in South Africa before migrating to Finland. Image shows tracker data. In just 42 days, she flew over 10.000 km, at an incredible average of 230 km per day and nearly in a straight line

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:13 am 
Global Moderator

Wow, thanks Loza!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:45 pm 

:10sum: The first set of condors to be released tomorrow morning at San Simeon. They have already separated the three to be released to the front part of the pen. Iniko will not be released with this group, but with the next group in December. From VWS:

Ventana Wildlife Soc Mod • 3 hours ago • edited
Hi All,
Live Condor Release #1 is tomorrow- Tuesday at 10am PT, log in at 930 am PT for the pre-release countdown and see a new video about Iniko's transfer home.

Which condors are part of Release #1?
Jane Goddall (1019)
Rosalie Barrow Edge (1036)
Jan Hamber (1038)

Iniko (1031), Dian Fossey (1011), and Rachel Carson (1042) will be released on December 4th as part of Release #2.

The rainy weather will be clearing up tonight and it looks like skies will be clear by tomorrow morning.

Standby for more updates. See you in the morning!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:26 am 

I love to hear of releases back to the wild! Talons crossed that all goes well! :15heartbeat:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:36 pm 

UC Berkeley Male injured. New pair trying to take over.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:22 am 
Site Admin

For all our USA members
....the moment we've all been waiting for....
Don't forget to

Before you go to bed!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:21 pm 

It seems that the last of the Melbourne juvies has fledged this morning (November 7)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:34 am 

:buzzybee: Brought this from FB for followers of 399 and her 4 cubs:

Team 399
7 hrs ·
Here is what we know regarding 399 and her cubs:
We got a text about 0730 this morning that a large contingent of authorities in marked and unmarked vehicles were having a planning session of sorts on U.S. 89 south of Hoback Jct., near the subdivision of Hoback at the Astoria Boat Launch. When we arrived we saw personnel from the US FWS, USFS, GTNP, YNP, TCSO and WHP were present. They had brought in significant portable lighting in what was clearly a planned event.
The Astoria Boat Launch was closed, the road to a gravel pit on the other side of US 89 was also closed and being blocked by a marked vehicle. A bit further down U.S. 89 were several other marked vehicles with people looking to the northwest toward Munger Mountain.
By about 1045 many of the personnel were moving in to the gravel pit which is mostly out of view as one drives south on U.S. 89. The personnel still near the Astoria Boat Launch refused to provide any information to a friend. We witnessed that conversation.
We were later were told that a resident of the Hoback subdivision witnessed three of 399's cubs get captured at the Astoria Boat Launch while 399 and her remaining cub fled the area to the northwest.
Meanwhile it is dark here now (1815) and several "officials" are still in the gravel pit. It is highly likely, though we don't know for certain, that they are still there in the dark because there are grizzly bears there. We do not know the status of these bears at this time. We do not know what the US FWS' plans are as this was carried out in total secrecy. Our query to the US FWS public affairs officer has not been answered as of this post (1820)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:12 pm 

:eggthumb: USFWS released a statement on 399 and her cubs. They radio-collared 2 of the 3 cubs they captured, then released them in the presence of 399 and her remaining cub. They have been getting into unsecured garbage, animal feed and agriculture grade beehives. (It is my understanding from some of the comments I was reading last pm, that some other bears and wolf pups this season, unfortunately did not receive this outcome. Even possibly a 4 1/2 y/o offspring of 399. Unsure if it was FWS or others who put them down.) To read most of news release by USFWS go here: https://www.facebook.com/Team399

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:38 pm 

SWINWK wrote:
:eggthumb: USFWS released a statement on 399 and her cubs. They radio-collared 2 of the 3 cubs they captured, then released them in the presence of 399 and her remaining cub. They have been getting into unsecured garbage, animal feed and agriculture grade beehives. (It is my understanding from some of the comments I was reading last pm, that some other bears and wolf pups this season, unfortunately did not receive this outcome. Even possibly a 4 1/2 y/o offspring of 399. Unsure if it was FWS or others who put them down.) To read most of news release by USFWS go here: https://www.facebook.com/Team399
Thank you for the update. I am not sure what you meant by "Unsure if it was FWS or others who put them down.) " I hate when human intervention causes the innocent wild animal to be euthanized.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:17 pm 

:buzzybee: It means I do not know if the other animals I mentioned were killed by a fish and wildlife service at the federal or state level or another agency such as a sheriff's office or if a local landowner etc. was responsible.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:56 pm 

Thanks SWINWK! I didn’t read it carefully enough.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:18 pm 

:eggthumb: Eagle Country has named the couple there this year Abby and Blaze which is short for Blazer.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next