Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 372 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: OSHKOSH ~ 2016
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:53 pm 
Site Admin

OH WOW....such fantastic news!!! :7val: Thanks for sticking with getting some info, KF!!!

WOWOHWOWOHWOWOHWOWOHWOW...I am just so happy that Deb got to be with one of her kids!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:06 pm 

:girlsad3: What's going on with the Oshkosh cam ??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:46 pm 

:pumbpkingcat: Talon :mooncat:

Image fot. archive preview

the camera records the image:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:55 pm 

Nice Terka! I can't wait for Kittenface to see this........

Thank you.

:7val:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:07 pm 

Sally wrote:
Nice Terka! I can't wait for Kittenface to see this........

Thank you.

:7val:

My prayers have been answered
Thank you so much Terka, I had given up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:17 am 

I am just so friggin happy to see our sweet Talon, I can't stop smiling :crazygirl:

Oct 22nd

Oct 23rd

Oct 24th

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:30 am 

:pumpwave: Female. Julia - the spot on the chest.

I remember Deborah, please update. :girlyes:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:01 pm 

:cackle:

Julia. :leafwave: :dancegirl:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:17 pm 

:leaves: :7val: :leaves:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:08 am 

UPDATE FROM DAWN!!!!
Janice,
I just sent the following message to Deborah and I know you want to keep up informed about our falcons, so here is the latest:
Well, I just returned home from the annual cleaning of the nest box and I must say, it was much messier than when Deborah ruled the roost!
I contacted Beka from Aves - Dawn was quietly released on campus a few weeks ago. She didn't want to publicize it because apparently there are some peregrine extremists that have been harassing her about Deborah and Dawn. Groups of people showed up at Aves demanding to see the birds but Bekah refused because they needed to be kept quiet so they could mend. This was interpreted as being a "conspiracy theory", where Deborah was really dead and the eyasses were secretly removed from the nest.
That being said, Deborah is still at Aves because as she has been molting and new feathers come in, the feathers are unshapely, deformed, and not conducive to flight. Bekah is in contact with people knowledgeable in falcon behavior and biology to determine the best course of action to promote healing with the goal of releasing Deborah back into the wild, but it looks like that won't happen this season.
Bekah also maintains the proper permitting with the US Fish & Wildlife Service so they know the status of birds in her care.
That is what I know at this point. Hopefully, I will have good news in the spring!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:20 am 

:leafthumbs: Thank You ! kittenface :pumpwave:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:48 am 

Thank you for the update. I'm sorry for Deborah and hope she will improve 100% to be released......

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:44 am 

Rained all day this is the only picture

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:13 am 
Site Admin

kittenface wrote:
UPDATE FROM DAWN!!!!
Janice,
I just sent the following message to Deborah and I know you want to keep up informed about our falcons, so here is the latest:
Well, I just returned home from the annual cleaning of the nest box and I must say, it was much messier than when Deborah ruled the roost!
I contacted Beka from Aves - Dawn was quietly released on campus a few weeks ago. She didn't want to publicize it because apparently there are some peregrine extremists that have been harassing her about Deborah and Dawn. Groups of people showed up at Aves demanding to see the birds but Bekah refused because they needed to be kept quiet so they could mend. This was interpreted as being a "conspiracy theory", where Deborah was really dead and the eyasses were secretly removed from the nest.
That being said, Deborah is still at Aves because as she has been molting and new feathers come in, the feathers are unshapely, deformed, and not conducive to flight. Bekah is in contact with people knowledgeable in falcon behavior and biology to determine the best course of action to promote healing with the goal of releasing Deborah back into the wild, but it looks like that won't happen this season.
Bekah also maintains the proper permitting with the US Fish & Wildlife Service so they know the status of birds in her care.
That is what I know at this point. Hopefully, I will have good news in the spring!

WOW...I wonder what's up with the new feathers? Nutrition? Stress? gosh...

Thanks for the update!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:52 pm 

I have to admit, I have wondered if maybe she isn't in a cage to much. I don't know enough about this sort of thing, but it seems a bit odd. Like I said don't know enough.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:18 pm 

kittenface wrote:
I have to admit, I have wondered if maybe she isn't in a cage to much. I don't know enough about this sort of thing, but it seems a bit odd. Like I said don't know enough.

I don't know much either. But can you just imagine how stressful that situation is for her.......
:mooncat:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:48 pm 
Thanks for updating what you know. I know, aside from my site at Canton, this is the last site out of the area that I will pull contacts for help in having someone to look for a possible grounded peregrine. I am not sure what group went after the rehab person, but the lack of giving the public any form of update unless questioned, is disheartening, and it does breed suspicion.
So many rehab centers post at least a photo now and then on their FB page or personal page to let everyone who cares, know things are going, as well as can be. Then there are some that won't give any info. So unless I know the area rehabbers, I will have to just keep out of it. I commend Kittenface for looking into this so helpfully, and letting everyone know what is said. I don't blame anyone here, just voicing my disgust at certain ways certain people handle and create their own problems.
I just hope whatever problem Deborah is having it is temporary. I'd hate part of myself to think that she is suffering because of my involvement in having people search for her.
I do still hope she will recover, although going from a injury to feather issues is odd and Julia is now settled in, so if waiting till next year now to release her, Deborah would have to fight for sure...so any hope of just a skirmish is gone.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:35 pm 

Matrix wrote:
Thanks for updating what you know. I know, aside from my site at Canton, this is the last site out of the area that I will pull contacts for help in having someone to look for a possible grounded peregrine. I am not sure what group went after the rehab person, but the lack of giving the public any form of update unless questioned, is disheartening, and it does breed suspicion.
So many rehab centers post at least a photo now and then on their FB page or personal page to let everyone who cares, know things are going, as well as can be. Then there are some that won't give any info. So unless I know the area rehabbers, I will have to just keep out of it. I commend Kittenface for looking into this so helpfully, and letting everyone know what is said. I don't blame anyone here, just voicing my disgust at certain ways certain people handle and create their own problems.
I just hope whatever problem Deborah is having it is temporary. I'd hate part of myself to think that she is suffering because of my involvement in having people search for her.
I do still hope she will recover, although going from a injury to feather issues is odd and Julia is now settled in, so if waiting till next year now to release her, Deborah would have to fight for sure...so any hope of just a skirmish is gone.

I totally understand where you are coming from Matrix having been there myself; different situation but same kind of reception to my concerns.

:sigh

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:35 pm 

The weird thing is Aves was always so helpful with my questions about Hondo. They haven't posted an update at all about Deb. They still haven't answered anyone's questions at all. It has been Dawn that has updated me. She was the one I went to when Deb went missing. She's then one that found her and took her to Aves. I will admit I am very worried now. Guess its time to start getting on them about her. I really could care less if they like it or not. I want some answers.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:48 am 
Site Admin

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 372 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next