Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: RICHMOND, VA~2016
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:49 pm 

Love this site. Feel bad for these guys. May they still have a long life. :7val:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 12:02 am 

I really don't know where else to put this, but I wanted to make sure it was seen.

Peregrine falcons removed from James River Bridge

If Bryan Watts could talk falcon, he could tell the pair of furious birds dive-bombing him high on the James River Bridge early Friday that he was raiding their nest for the good of their own three chicks.
Video & photos here:

Now if you look at the only picture of a band you see it has an A on it so I looked at the other picture of the string of bands and there are B/G bands that are 86 & 87 AU. Well anyway if we ever see a falcon with an AU it will probably be one of these 3 or at least one from the area. (Ithink) :teehee:
If PB wasn't down I could post the pictures I am talking about. Hopefully this makes some kind of sense

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 10:53 am 

kittenface wrote:
I really don't know where else to put this, but I wanted to make sure it was seen.

Peregrine falcons removed from James River Bridge

If Bryan Watts could talk falcon, he could tell the pair of furious birds dive-bombing him high on the James River Bridge early Friday that he was raiding their nest for the good of their own three chicks.
Video & photos here:

Now if you look at the only picture of a band you see it has an A on it so I looked at the other picture of the string of bands and there are B/G bands that are 86 & 87 AU. Well anyway if we ever see a falcon with an AU it will probably be one of these 3 or at least one from the area. (Ithink) :teehee:
If PB wasn't down I could post the pictures I am talking about. Hopefully this makes some kind of sense

Too bad they didn't put these chicks with Ozzie & Harriet. Well, I guess they don't consider the Richmond nest to be a safe place to fledge from either. :egg15:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:30 am 

Sorry to see this already! :egg15: They are too old to not be able to watch as long as possible.

Nesting Season Concluded; Cam Offline until Next Year
We thank you for following Richmond’s falcon pair this year. Given that the pair’s nesting cycle has concluded (although not with the hoped for outcome), the camera is now offline for the season. We look forward to coming back online early next year as courtship and breeding resume anew, and hope for a better future nesting outcome. In the meantime, we will continue monitoring the pair and will post any news should there be signs that they will re-nest this year.

May 9th, 2016

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:05 pm 

Thanks Kiiten. Nancy, I did send Bryan a note suggesting Richmond might be a good foster site. Personally I think it's better than the mountains but they are still trying to establish territories there, I think they have a couple of pairs out there.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 7:55 pm 

obxbarb wrote:
Thanks Kiiten. Nancy, I did send Bryan a note suggesting Richmond might be a good foster site. Personally I think it's better than the mountains but they are still trying to establish territories there, I think they have a couple of pairs out there.

Thanks for trying, Barb! :eggthumbup:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:14 pm 

Wonder how Ozzie and Harriet are doing? :flirty:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:51 am 

SWINWK wrote:
Wonder how Ozzie and Harriet are doing? :flirty:

I would also like to be able to see them & know they're OK, but I'm sure money is tight & they can't run the cam all year. :egg15:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:00 am 

They moved the server from UVA to somewhere that I'm sure they had to pay for. We did get streaming for the first time though.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:29 pm 

MEET AND GREETS WITH MAGGIE THE PEREGRINE FALCON SET FOR THIS WEEK
Richmond, Va. (WRIC) — This week there will be three meet and greets with Maggie the Peregrine Falcon – the main character of a children’s book – and the book’s author.

Maggie hatched on a building in Richmond two years ago. After two days of flying, the bird hit a building, damaging her eye. The veterinarians were not able to save Maggie’s eye.

As a result, Maggie cannot be returned to the wild. She now lives in the Wildlife Center of Virginia.

Her story is now the centerpiece of a children’s book: “Maggie the One-Eyed Peregrine Falcon: A True Story of Rescue and Rehabilitation.”

This week, there are meet and greets with Maggie and the author of the book, Christie Gove-Berg.

The first event is Thursday, August 18, from 6 to 8 p.m. at Triple Crossing Brewery on South Foushee Street.

The other two events are on Saturday, August 20. The first is at 10 a.m. …

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:50 pm 

If I were closer to Richmond, I'd love to meet Maggie! Maybe some day! :7val:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:54 pm 

I would love to meet Maggie someday too! Here she is on the news this morning in Richmond, Virginia:

:5val:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11