Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
 Post subject: Re: COLUMBUS ~ JUNE 2016
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:20 pm 

:7val: :5val: :7val: :7val: :5val: :7val:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:55 pm 

Thanks for your report, RoseKK. Loved the video, SGB! :clap:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:32 am 

Good morning everyone: I was downtown this morning and hope to be down there again tomorrow morning. I heard some screaming and tried to see the screamer in the sky - I could tell it was flying - I think I had a glimpse of the screamer - it went by fairly fast - lol. I heard it several times - at least it was not on the ground. It may have been baby. It is going to be a very beautiful day today!!

Thank you to everyone who is watching this location - either on line or in person - Perk has been so dedicated to this family - thank you Perk!! Thank you Mike for your great pictures!! Thank you SGB for your great pictures and videos; thank you Pearl for your posts and everyone else (I don't want to leave anyone out) who have posted pictures and videos - you are all the best

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY TO EVERYONE HERE IN THE U.S. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

:7val: :1val:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:38 am 

:thanku Thank you all! Loved the reports and video. Wow... finally...a juvie visitor to the nest ledge. That tail looks super good. I'm not sure when yellow foot coloring comes into play for blue-footed chicks as they age. If the bird on video is in fact Baby, then the tail has sorted itself out over time, which is a real puzzle to me, but is certainly great news. I wonder if C&C or anyone here would know when the feet turn yellow? I'm just wondering if this is one of the fluffy's.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:49 am 

It does not happen this soon. By the time they are adults it will have changed and I'm sure it is gradual, but don't know exactly when.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:26 am 

rosekk17 wrote:
Good morning everyone: I was downtown this morning and hope to be down there again tomorrow morning. I heard some screaming and tried to see the screamer in the sky - I could tell it was flying - I think I had a glimpse of the screamer - it went by fairly fast - lol. I heard it several times - at least it was not on the ground. It may have been baby. It is going to be a very beautiful day today!!

Thank you to everyone who is watching this location - either on line or in person - Perk has been so dedicated to this family - thank you Perk!! Thank you Mike for your great pictures!! Thank you SGB for your great pictures and videos; thank you Pearl for your posts and everyone else (I don't want to leave anyone out) who have posted pictures and videos - you are all the best

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY TO EVERYONE HERE IN THE U.S. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

:7val: :1val:

:eggthumbup:

AND

THANK YOU, Rosekk!!!

:7val: :7val: :7val:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:01 pm 

SWINWK wrote:
It does not happen this soon. By the time they are adults it will have changed and I'm sure it is gradual, but don't know exactly when.

Thanks Swinwk....then this is Baby with the yellow feet. So glad to see he is flying strong after his return to the ledge from rehab. The tail looked better at that time and looks good now. Even the frayed ends look better - perhaps from preening. A far cry from what was described here as tail feathers looking like "coffee stirrers" - an apt description by vlu of what the tail did look like shortly before fledging. A delayed feather emergence from the sheath? I have no explanation for the change in appearance, but I am so glad that a "Curly" chick is doing well. Woo hoo!!!!
:clap:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:17 am 
Site Admin

SWINWK wrote:

Actually, each individual is different...some change quickly, others it can take longer...Males usually change faster than females. (no clue why) Some have completely changed by fall and the feet/cere become a brighter yellow by the following spring. Some feet change to yellow, but the cere is slower to change.

its all very confusing... :girlcrazy:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22