Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: EDMONTON, ALBERTA (WEBER & AGRIUM REDWATER)~2016
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:01 pm 
Site Admin

Weber Centre

Green Girl~bl M/26 from U. of Alberta (new for 2015)
Male: D/01

Miss Edmonton: M/07~retired and living the good life, somewhere!!

Agrium Redwater

Female: Banded and daughter of Miss Edmonton!! Rescued (by Bev. and Peter) from Weber.
Male: unbanded. May be D/O1's (Weber male) Dad

Post subject: Re: EDMONTON, ALBERTA (WEBER)~2016
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:19 pm 

Ready for the New Season! Hope to see Green Girl back this year! :) :loveheart2:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:33 pm 

We are at Weber right now.
Falcon just flew over chasing pigeons...that's about all I've got at the moment. Going to head home...get camera
and binoculars and come back after traffic hour. (03/18 @ 330pm)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:54 pm 

thank you Trish. When MIss Edmonton was here she was always back later, but male early. so could be male.

Peter and I hope to be out this weekend to take a peek at a few sites.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:40 pm 

we have to be in area on Thursday , so will take a peek here and I will talk to our friends at the Bin to see if they have seen anything.

and NO Geese please :egg14: :egg14:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:25 pm 

Swinging by Weber tomorrow as well - will let you know if we see anything! AND YES...Please NO geese!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:13 pm 

Peter and I were down at Weber yesterday, and saw nothing, and no signs of any around. NO stash on letters, nothing .

but that does not mean at least one is not there. I usually do not expect them till end of march or there a bouts. you usually see some food on letters if they are there.

Will go again in a few days.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:02 pm 

bev. wrote:
Peter and I were down at Weber yesterday, and saw nothing, and no signs of any around. NO stash on letters, nothing .

but that does not mean at least one is not there. I usually do not expect them till end of march or there a bouts. you usually see some food on letters if they are there.

Will go again in a few days.

Yes bev, we keep checking in Brandon too but nobody home yet at either places. We do see quite a few eagles and hawks around. I am in a small town and there is a pair of Red tailed hawks nesting not far from where I am.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:34 pm 

I love the hawks. We noticed ours are back also.

wonderful pictures CArolyn :eggthumbup:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:12 am 

april2

WE spent over two hours here, and were rewarded.

there is one falcon back . It flew in , chupped and flew to arm of camera., well the pipe that sticks out. Before I could get picture it flew around back. S I headed , in rain, to back , it flew back and forth behind Weber and came into view on east again, and headed up to last E on center. I had a huge prey. I think by what I saw, it caught its prey in back.

it proceeded to eat and I think was really hungry. I got some pciutres, not too good, I had daughters camera. Will pick up mine tomorrow. Peter tried to scope but too windy. Peter did well with leg. He is a trooper..

So we know this is one from last year, as it was so familiar with area. But other than that, Peter and I had different opinions. But we know , we have to look at a lot of things, before we will say who. it is banded, which is good. that will tell for sure. But until we get it, we will have to watch patterns .

It is always hard when they come back, as migration does make them leaner. This one had wonky feather which Do1 did not have but we cannot rule out that it did not happen during migration.

So stay tuned :egg17:

So one back. I do promise pictures by tomorrow evening. really tired right now as we headed ot Uni for over 2.5 hours after

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:03 am 

weber april3

We were there for 1:5 hours tonight and saw no one. We will go back sometime tomorrow. this is common at this time o year for them to roam when they first come back

will post a slideshow of pictures as they are all different. At first I Thought female and now a few appear to be male. it is banded

you can see it with prey . see report from yesterday. these pictures belong with it. first ones are when it first flew in , then it caught prey and is on letter eating it look at huge crop

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:27 pm 

april 4.

lots of nice flying tonight. WE do think now it is Green girl. she was on the tall thick aerial on box. She liked it there so we could not read her bands

A gull kept flying by her and squawking LOl. I told it , if it was not careful, it would be supper. :egglaugh":

She flew around area quite a bit. practicing her stooping etc.when-she eventually flew off north east and did not come back , we stayed around to see if anyone else came in.

then a falcon came in from south quickly and landed on left aerial on east of building. Did a lot of fancy flying. Is it a male,

it eventually went flying out the back and when we checked it was on the R of Centre on west side.

not sure but could have still been her.

have lots of pictures but will do up in a bit. I am swamped right now

Trish- WE go all over, we go on a back street to get a good view of north face , we go in parkin glot where EMT is , we sit down by Smittys sometimes.
If we do go up top we try and be inconspicuous as they are not too high up there . We want no one spooking them

here is musical slideshow to go with report

the last ones of flying and on left side of building we are not as sure if her or not. we think so but when it came in flying was very fast and show off y. different than the flying earlier

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:08 am 

weber april6

on way home rom doctors, we stopped in here and I am glad we did. WE thought Monday night , we may have 2 , even though we only saw one at one time. WE did not see two together, but patterns of 2 we saw separately were so different.

When we go there, we had two. Who we think is Green girl, was on W and who we think is DO1, was on R of center. WE thought they were in for night ,as we go there fairly late. but then 2 geese came flying by. I do not know if they were going to think of coming to roof, but our peregrines chased them away. I sure hope this not same pair as last year. Will have to keep close watch. this does make me a little nervous

anyhow after that, male went into box and female stayed outside. when he came out he flew off quickly to south and turned and I knew what this meant . A canoodle . and yes they did :eggthumbup:

Male then flew off and flew to a letter on east side and female stayed up top. And this is where we left them.

So 2 home and we think our pair , but will have to Id. If my lens was stronger we may have got bands . And it was cold and windy to get scope and they had legs covered with feathers .

male

female

male

flying up to box, female in lead and male behind

male going into box, female on outside

female

canoodle

male flying off

male

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:56 am 

april 10

pictures tomorrow

Saw and was able to Id Green Girl (M26)and we know it is D01 and he is always hard to ID. It was windy and cold.
When we got there Green girl was eating while D01 looked on. She loves to eat :15heartbeat:

Then she backed off and Do1 got his share but he did not look like he was suffering :egglaugh":

After he had eaten, he flew off and came in and canoodled . and then up he went to nest box. He wen tin for a bit and then out. They he did some awesome flying . Green just stood an chilled. I think he was encouraging her to go to box, but while we were there she did not. She wants a Get Out Of Jail Free card( the bars on box)

AS it was cold and windy , we left and went ot U of A to take a look.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:35 am 

april13

WE stopped by here yesterday as well as we had business in area. WE only saw one then , but last night we had our female, and still hoping it is still Green. too windy to ID. but we have got her band once.

male came flying in to top by nest box and I thought he had prey, but he left to the north quickly and she followed shortly after. Strange.

But then after a bit she came back and then he flew in and went in box, out he came and flew onto W . lots of chupping. She then went in box and when she came out she flew ot southeast corner of roof.
He quickly flew off and yup, a canoodle.

so we have still not got his Id but thinking same male. If wind stops , we may get it.

When cams are up at beginning of season, we can Id , in case there , is a turn over at some point before we can Id. So when we get Id , we are hoping we have nto had a change. Last year we had 2 other females before Green.

Peter and I have not taken up residence in a motorhome on site, so we are not there 24/7

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:36 pm 
Global Moderator

Weber cam is live on Livestream (!)

http://livestream.com/accounts/2262154/events/3986962

From the archives
Human and then adult that is banded...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:16 pm 

eggs will be earlier here, than usual

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:21 pm 
Global Moderator

:clap: From the archives :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:39 pm 

thanks Beth. I am afraid to say anything in case it goes off :egglaugh": every time I report from them poof.

but guess who must be on cam. pciutre has dropped. pretty sure it is Do1 and we positively ID Green girl from ground

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:05 am 

and it is off . I told you "hohum: "hohum:

DO1

peter will download the camera tomorrow for our fground shots from 2 days ago. we will be down on Sunday sometime, after church.

nice place ot have breakfast there LOl I Have to bribe him somehow, wind store is closed :egglaugh":

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next