Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Re: EDMONTON, ALBERTA (U OF A & BELL)~2017
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:41 am 

U of A july21

I have been so tardy posting. wind let out of my sails this year.

But we did see radisson and Chase at U of A. Radisson was on extension building and then we saw her fly off and then there were 3. one may have been a Merlin but she and Chase gave chase. We did not see Chase till rAdisson flew off.

it could have been a smaller falcon as one had been at box a few days before/ when they came back Radiisson was o aerial and chase flew to corner to right. We then saw Chase turn in at his spot.

raDISSON( it was getting dark)

after the chase( radisson up high and chase to right)

chase

Radisson.and Chase have been seen at the bridge There is some work going on at clinical science so ti will remain to be seen if they nest at U of A next year. I think this last blow, has disheartened them. could not be helped as if chicks had been left alone, they would be dead. the bar on our chicks hack box will go up today. today will be their chance at flight Gord is going out . they are getting a second chance. :15heartbeat:

here is video of a younger male in box at u of A . Radisson was not happy. first time she has been at box since chicks wee taken. I think she went there to show presence and discontent

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:33 am 

here are photos of today's visit by radisson and Chase. For me , personally, htis season has been a long sad one. I have hated to see Radisson and Chase so lost, and they have been lost. drifting form one site to another. she has never been without chicks to fledge and for that we have been lucky. But never the less, she is getting older and she does not like being interfered with. So next season will be up in the air. I hope we see her back. you can tell she is not comfortable at the box.

u of A july24

radisson and chase were in early morning bonding. first since chicks wee removed. :15heartbeat: :15heartbeat:

here is video of bonding

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:13 am 

july 25

chase was in early morning

url=https://postimg.org/image/g32zcchdl/]Image[/url]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:32 am 

bell july28

i have nto reported her in awhile but am trying to get some facts straight before i do .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:40 pm 

U of A - Radisson. :sunsmile:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:01 am 

U of a. august 22

been away but will be getting caught up on a few interesting things, in next few days. lots to write.

thank you Terka. :15heartbeat:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:59 pm 

[size=200]bell September 3/2017

well, our adults are here at their site every day. unfortunately, our second juvenile femlae had to be rescued also. She bumped into something. she was O.K. but was taken to Pembina. I forgot to get specifics on them when we went it pembina , but all did so well, I cannot imagine , that they did nto as well. But I wil aks Gord to get more info from Steve. I could kick myself , that i forgot to ask.

adult peregrines deem this site, a great one, but is just awful for their young. So closed in, and most buildings are tall and no medium height roof tops. this pair has such good genes. I would love to take them and plunk them somewhere else. :girlyes:

I sure hope our cities take a page out of book of Houston, and quit raking the land to put up structures. when will we learn

anyway , a few pciutres from August cam. this is only site I cannot confirm bands, and I know we got E4 wrong , but I am 99percent sure it is B32 and M49 . in all fairness, we may have had E4 at beginning of season,. Cam went of for a few weeks after we thought we spotted her. When cam went back up we had 2 males and a female. so :girlcrazy:

[/size]
male leaves the top of box( actually so does she) but she is in box in this one

scraping( we were getting worried as the male was scraping outside box :gaaaaah: at side and then also down at south end. They did nto seem to like dead prey in box. :teehee:

recent bonding

[b]female inside, male outside[/b]

male

female

bonding

just becasue

here is a video Emyrauld sent me. one of our falcons appears to have fallen off perch after playing around. on second take, it was very windy LOL(put full screen and watch insert)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:56 am 

U of A september3

what can I say about our poor pair here. they seem to be all messed up.

while I was away Emaruald, kept me posted. :flirty: Chase visited a few times but was not on cam much. before we left they were both bonding in the box.

since we got back August15, they had been elusive . but at turn in time they were always there, in their spots.

as of late, we have had a few interlopers passing through. Radisson chased 3 away and Chase ,chased one away ,after it was on CP with Radisson. So this seems to have made Radisson frequent the site., more often now. She spends a lot of her time on CP . It is noisy at site with all the work being done at the parkade.
A falcon ,we are assuming is chase, has been att he bridge. maybe we will catch him tomorrow.

radisson is now coming to area every day and makes an appearance at box. . Chase has only been to box to reconnect with Radisson in last while ,
I am not sure what to make of this, or maybe this is normal, at this point. Radisson has called him in several times. A few nights ,radisson has flown out north and they both came to box. He does nto go in box, but a few times,l he has gone on clinical science ,before turning in. But this is rare. you sort of get a lump in your throat when you hear Radissons' soft calls.

tonight while we were watching, RAdisson was on the cam, and then as it was getting darker ,she flew out north east and then they both came in.to area. Chase was on Northeast corner of CS and radisson in box. they both vocalized.He then flew to his turn in spot with Radisson , not far behind.
They do iturn in on same ledge , so I do find it odd., they are not at box together bonding. but they have had an upsetting year, and so what is normal at this point. who knows.

remember I am not here every night ,but we have been trying to go down every second night. For a bit there , I was concentrating on Weber, trying to see the kids, but U of A is my main focus now. they could be there when I am not. I am just relaying what i see. and cam is not too dependable these days, but I will take what I can get for remainder of the year. This time of yer, is almost as important as beginning of season.

I will be away in a few days for a week, and i am hoping both will still be here when I get back . I know radisson will be for sure.

I will be posting some video and pictures

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:07 am 

video

from emyruald on august 2 radisson visit( for awhile here, chase was coming in but not Radisson)

chase on August 6( very brief)[/b]

from emyrauld on august 12 this is Chase. this was important as Chase had not been around on cam

august20

chase was on outside. finally sound back, so we knew for sure

we were down at U of A on augustg22, when an intruder was in . when I post pictures it will show the intruder. it had to be male ,as radisson was not happy but she did chase off. It followed her around to clinical science and to college plaza. When Chase came in at end of evening, he chased it off after reaffirming hi bonds with Radisson. first time he was in box in a long time. RAdisson tired to ignore this falocn. it was big.

emyrauld sent me these. when we were down at site observing intruder

this one is when intruder followed Radisson to box area. it perched on CS to right of her up top. she was not happy.

this one is chase coming to box, with radisson right behind him. then he takes off to chase intruder out no altercations that we saw.

august 30

from emyrauld. chase finally came in yapping today. something was around he did nto like

september 1

a young falcon jumps up on box. it has no bands, and could be a juvenile or a one year old. can only see tail and feet. big feet, female. you can see Radisson was in defensive position. we went down right after that to keep an eye out. there will be a lot of falcons passing through on way to migration now, and radisson and Chase will have to keep them in check, but I think Radisson is the one keeping home fire burning.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:12 am 

u of a sept3 pictures from cam
augsut17

august18

august19

chase august22[/b]

sept2

sept 2

sept3 radisson watching something

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:25 am 

september 3.

pictures from ground level

radisson

[b]

these are from night of august22 when intruder was in

radisson

intruder( at first thought was chase but actions all wrong and when head turned , not full cap, bit it also had no bands, looked so much like Radisson

radisson on aerial, intruder to right

r in box and intruder on CS on auagust22

slideshow of this in sequence of events. ( we first thought it was chase coming in , and radisson flew off and came right back. but other falcon flew around and around Cp and radisson and it almost looked like it buzzed her, and radisson was visibly upset. it finally landed to right of Radisson on Cp . they appeared to bow or Radisson was showing aggression, not sure which. radisson then flew to box and it followed but flew on roof of CS to right of her. there again it flew around and sort of buzzed her. Or maybe flight display. Radisson flew to the maz, and then she flew back to a different aerial on College plaza. the intruder flew over again and finally landed on Windsor park to left of her. she ignored it. but just as we thought it was settled down, radisson took off flying east and it did also, and that is when we noticed Chase had come in . rest is history.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:09 am 
Site Admin

Bev...thanks so much for all the updates...I know its such a bitter sweet time at all these nests this time of year...and especially tense at U of A...not the season we had hoped for, but so thankful that the babies were saved. Here's hoping that everyone fattens up in preparation for migration...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:44 pm 

[b]sept 18 u of A[/b]

I was away form Sept 6 to Sept 14 but I had a few watching cams and area

pciutres to follow this evening, but as of yesterday, chase and Radisson still around. thye are doing work on south side of U of A but we watched chase on CP last night. he was very quiet and then went inot turn in spot. We did nto see Radisson last night but we saw the day before at bridge and CP and then she tucked in. so these two are messing with us. but both still here

Bell sept 18

both still here.
pictures will follow this evening.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:41 pm 

U OF A SEPT 19

last night we saw Chase turn in but not radisson. Jean said she saw someone on maz at 5pm . I am hopin git was radisson.

hoping rain will bring her in today
RAdisson sept 16

these are at their other spot

these are at u of a in evening

chase sept 17

this is just a nice shot

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:13 pm 

sept 19

5:00pm

radisson was just in box chupping and then flew out.

will be going down here soon. will post pciutre later

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:59 pm 

:15heartbeat:
Thank you for the update Bev! :15heartbeat:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:44 pm 

u of A sept19

here is video of radisson coming in. only saw one at turn in but we think it was Chase so still 2 here. weird season for these two. they are very out of sinc.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:38 am 

bev. wrote:
u of A sept19

here is video of radisson coming in. only saw one at turn in but we think it was Chase so still 2 here. weird season for these two. they are very out of sinc.

Music to my ears! Thank you so much Bev....... :15heartbeat:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:59 pm 

[size=150][b]bell

these 2 have been a real treat to watch

they are both still here. everyday i TAKE WHAT i THINK IS LAST SHOT AND HERE THEY STILL ARE. BONDING AND ONE IS EATING RIGHT NOW ON NORTH LEDGE

sept26

sept27

sept30( our male)B32

oct1

i have a video and on e of both from today that I will post tonight, when cams are dark

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16