Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: WE ENERGY~Oak Ck-Pleas Pr-Presque-Pt Wash-Vall-MlwkCty~2016
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:09 pm 

Happy New Year!
Please begin your 2016 posts here

WE MULTI SITE CAM LINK

Each day photos are recorded hourly & posted at above website for nests at the WE Energies Power Plants. Oak Creek and Pleasant Prairie also have streaming video that can be accessed through this link.

Oak Creek Power Plant at Oak Creek WI
FEMALE: ~Eclipse (b/r) 67/H Since 2015 & between 2011-2013. 2009 hatch Rhodes State Office Tower in Columbus OH. She may have been here in 2014, but another bird identified.
~(b/r) 66/X, only 2014. Hatched 2012 at East Chicago Mittal Steel Indiana Harbor West nest, Lake County. Eclipse (b/r) 67/H [since 2011] a 2009 falcon produced at the Rhodes State Office Tower in Columbus OH[/i]
MALE: Scott (b/g) M/Y, Since 2006 (2015~here for 10th year) ~ 2000 Hatch from Malteurop complex (formerly Froedtert Malt complex) in West Milwaukee.
2014 - Matt (b/r) 38/N identified at this site. Hatched 2012 at Midwest Generation site, Waukegan, IL. His mother is Fran (b/g) 5/*X, who Greg banded as a nestling under the Hoan Bridge in Milwaukee in 1999. His father is Greg (b/g) 92/N, also banded by Greg as a nestling at the Racine County Courthouse in 2005

Pleasant Prairie at Pleasant Prairie WI:
FEMALE: Unbanded female since Feb2016
~Previous Olivia since 2015. 2010 hatch Chase Bank in Allen County Ohio. Previously nested at Kenosha Medical Center from 2011-2014
Previous ~ Thilmany [b/g 44/N] since 2009 hatched 2007 at the Thilmany Mill, Kaukauna WI
MALE: PBR - (b/r) 07/B) since 2012 Hatched at Milwaukee’s Miller Brewery nest site in 2009

Presque Isle at Marquette Michigan
As of March 23, 2016 Greg has not observed any falcons at Presque Isle. Working on cam.
FEMALE: Maya Angelou (b/g) *P/*S, since 2011, hatched 2008 at Grand Haven L and P, Sims Plant, Grand Haven MI
MALE: Unbanded – likely the same male present since 2011.

Port Washington at Port Washington WI
FEMALE: 91/P [b/r] Since Feb 2016. Produced in 2014 at the Consumers Energy B.C. Cobb Power Plant in Muskegon, Michigan.
Previous: Brinn (b/r) 84/X, since 2014 , hatched 2012 on Gold Hoist cliff at Split Rock Lighthouse State Park on the north shore of Lake Superior in Minnesota, about 315 miles away.
Indy Froona (b/g) *V/*Y, 2011-2013, hatched 2009 at Indianapolis Market Tower

MALE: Ives (b/g) 78/N, since 2007 hatched 2004 at the Edgewater Generating Station site in Sheboygan WI

Valley in Downtown Milwaukee WI
FEMALE: Unbanded – since 2015
Maya (b/g) M/12, since 2009, hatched 2006 at the WPS Weston Power Plant in Rothschild, Wis. Maya nested at Milwaukee’s US Bank site in 2007 and 2008
MALE: Hercules (b/r) 60/R, since 2014. Hatched 2011 at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Milwaukee
Previous: Swede (b/g) P/Z, 2006 - 2013, Hatched 1999 WPS Green Bay WI Pulliam. Found dead of head trauma in winter 2014.

Milwaukee County Power Plant at Wauwatosa WI 2016 ~ MCPP has been sold to Milwaukee Regional Medical Center (MRMC). Per Greg Septon: "I do have cam access and monitor things but at this point there is no public access. I’m hoping this will change as things move forward. Every time there is a management change or property sale the wheel needs to be reinvented with respect to all new personnel, policies, IT arrangements, security, etc., etc. This is one of the most difficult and often times frustrating aspects of managing urban nesting peregrines but it’s the world we live in."
FEMALE: (b/r) 33/U, Since 2015. Hatched 2012 at Eastlake Power Plant in Eastlake, Ohio, Returned to the MCPP site after spending time between there and the UW-Milwaukee EMS (UWM) site over the winter. 33/U, who nested at MCPP last year, was likely driven back to MCPP after the unbanded female at UWM returned from migration and drove her away.
Previous: MadameX (b/r) 47/X, since 2013, hatched 2010 at the US Bank site in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. on 2/27/14 MadameX was found shot and she is unreleasable.
MALE: Asa (b/r) 17/M, Hatched 2013 Milwaukee UWM.
Previous 2013-2014 - Polyo (b/g) E/65, since 2013, hatched 2008 at We Energies Port Washington WI. Polyo nested at the nearby Mayfair Mall site in 2010 and 2011.
From Greg's report regarding 2015 males at MCPP ~
"On March 12, female (b/r) 33/U, produced in 2012 at the Eastlake Power Plant nest site in Eastlake, Ohio, returned to the MCPP site after spending time between there and the UW-Milwaukee EMS (UWM) site over the winter. 33/U, who nested at MCPP last year, was likely driven back to MCPP after the unbanded female at UWM returned from migration and drove her away.

On March 20, Herbert (b/g) 80/N, who was produced at our Valley Power Plant in 2004, turned up at the MCPP site and began courting (b/r) 33/U.

During the week of April 1, Herbert defended the MCPP site against another adult male identified as Asa (b/r) 17/M, who was produced in 2013 at Milwaukee’s UWM site. Herbert courted 33/U and defended the MCPP site for over two weeks. But by April 4, it began to look as if Asa had taken control of the MCPP site and Herbert had moved on.

Herbert nested at Milwaukee's Miller Brewery nest site between 2006-2010 and at Milwaukee’s St. Joe's Hospital nest site from 2011-2014. Over the past month, Herbert was identified at the Miller Brewery, MCPP and St. Joe's nest sites, so he’s been making the rounds.

Herbert may now be back at St. Joe’s with his mate DJ (b/r) 54/E, who was produced in 2010 at the Edgewater Generating Station nest site in Sheboygan and currently is incubating four eggs.

As noted in the March 5 blog entry, male Suzuki (b/g) E/06, produced in 2006 at our Pleasant Prairie Power Plant nest site, was identified at the MCPP site on Feb. 8, and he subsequently spent a few weeks there courting 33/U."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: WE ENERGY~Oak Ck-Pleas Pr-Presque-Pt Wash-Vall-MlwkCty~2016
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:13 pm 

:5snowflake: Good ol' Olivia, still making several appearances at her nest box each day at Pleasant Prairie!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:45 pm 

:wavingsnowgirl: somebody was home at Valley at 7 am today. Also Olivia was home at 7,8, and 9 this morning.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:16 pm 

Pleasant Prairie & Port Washington :sum9:Now if they would just show us their bands

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:23 am 

:5val: Yes, it seems like the Falcons are appearing a little more often at the WE nests, well except for Milwaukee county- gee. I wonder where Tahoe is... In the Feb 12 catches, a falcon was found at Valley, Port Washington, Pleasant Prairie, and Oak Creek. The cam is pulled in very tight on some as someone is trying to check on bands. Also, I notice the Presque Isle cam is pointed at the nest box ledge again.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:18 am 

Port Washington Feb 14th, this can't be Brinn (3 1/2yrs) Or Ives (11yrs) way to young & I can't read the bands :tantrum2: Hopefully someone has a better photoshop than I do

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:13 am 
Site Admin

Actually, it could be...after lightening the pic, there doesn't appear to be any brown on this falcon...bands are obviously b/r (same as Brinn), but I couldn't read the numbers. I don't have any decent pics of Brinn to compare with...Maybe somebody with better editing software can figure out the Band number...

However, in greg's 2014 WE report, he ID's the flying parent as Brinn. (I actually thought it was Ives, but I doubt Greg would mis-ID!!)...anyway, I digress. If that is indeed Brinn in his pic, then she has a purple right band...and your bird has a silver...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:20 am 

I tried enlarging and changing the exposure, but the bands were just a big blur. Maybe I will send to Greg to have a look. I think he has better software. Will let you know.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:40 pm 

Gosh, Greg is fabulous. He has already responded to my email, but unfortunately he wasn't able to read the bands either. Here is his reply!

"Thanks for sending the image from PWGS. This looks like an ad. female. I tried playing with the image in Photoshop but no luck with band numbers. I’m also watching a umber of sites but will concentrate some more today on the PWGS site and see if I can ID the female.

Also, below are some images of an adult male that I captured recently. This male was produced in 2014 at the Consumers Energy B. C. Cobb Power Plant in Muskegon, MI. Note the misaligned federal band that also appears to have been put on upside down."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:01 pm 

:16val: I checked Oask Creek this morning. Someone was home this morning at 8 AM, and on Monday at 2PM and 3PM.... And someone got a. Very close picture of the Oak Creek Falcons feet at noon today...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:06 am 

And so the season begins :sum9:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:04 am 

:loveheart: Hmmm- do you think we have a pair at Pleasant Prairie?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:53 pm 

Tsusan wrote:
:loveheart: Hmmm- do you think we have a pair at Pleasant Prairie?

It sure looked like it to me :girlyes:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:25 am 

Feb.20th

Milwaukee County

Valley

Port Washington

Oak Creek

Pleasant Prairie

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:08 pm 
Things are getting more interesting between Biosci and Milwaukee County Power Plant. There was a full hooded dark specked female at MCPP yesterday 2/24, while Tahoe was at Biosci bonding with Lightning at the same time (12 noon) I posted the pics on my FB timeline.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:47 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Matrix...I'll go pull the pics and post them here for those that don't use FB..

anyway, I looked back in the archives...It appears we didn't see the Biosci resident female until 3/12, when Ferenz got a pic...Its gonna be interesting to see how things play out if/when Tahoe returns to MCPP full time..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:40 pm 
Site Admin

MCPP

2/24, 2 pm pic...hard to tell, but "she" looks young..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:20 pm 
Thanks SGB! I agree she looks young, but big... There was a male in the same spot the other day, and he looked tiny in comparison. Too bad these cams are on angles that make it impossible to read or even see bands unless zoomed.

Here is the 12 pm hour, for the 24th, at MCPP and, the exact same time at Biosci:

Today 2/25, a "headless" one was at the MCPP box, the plumage looks sort of transitional:

Thanks also for the reminder about when approx. "unbanded" female is due back at Biosci....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:51 am 

Feb 21st,22nd,23rd,24th,&25th

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:54 am 

:5snowflake: So much fun watching your slide show, KITTENFACE! THANKYOU!! Everybody is spending more time at their nestbox... The Port Washington falcon spends a lot of time on the other corner of the building. I don't remember you catching Brin over there... One way or another, looks like Tahoe is in for a battle somewhere.... :girlsad3:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next