Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DON MILLS, 2018-2024
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:47 pm 
Site Admin

2017 Cam Link:

Female: Quest-b/g 96/V
Male: Skye-bl 50/X

Post subject: Re: DON MILLS, 2018
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:24 am 

skygirlblue wrote:

2017 Cam Link:

Female: Quest-b/g 96/V
Male: Skye-bl 50/X

Skye disappeared in May of 2016, McKinney became Quest’s new mate then was euthanized, after suffering devastating injuries, in June 2016. Quest’s mate has been an unbanded male since fledge time 2016 and all through the 2017 season.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:27 am 
Global Moderator

Thanks Kris, so many nests with so many turnovers.
I can't keep USA straight :) then add in all the International
nests :)

Happy New Year Kris :1snowmancarrot:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:23 am 

Beth wrote:
Thanks Kris, so many nests with so many turnovers.
I can't keep USA straight :) then add in all the International
nests :)

Happy New Year Kris :1snowmancarrot:

I know how hard it is but people on here do a great job keeping track of all! I just know this nest well because Quest is one of ours and i’ve followed her since she was egg...lol!
Happy New Year, Beth! :snowgirl:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:53 am 

From the Canadian Peregrine Foundation Facebook page:

Quote:
4 boys at Duncan Mill Road! A few pics from today's (May 29) banding. We welcome THOR (X/83, 19 days, 700 g, green tape), TT (X/84, 19 days, 625 g, red tape), LOKI (X/85, 17 days, 520 g, yellow tape), VELCRO (X/87, 18 days, 520 g, blue tape). Quest and Mystery Guy have been feeding their boys very well .. all had full crops! Wishing them safe and successful fledges! Cheers, Lucie

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:10 am 

thanks DEF

I miss this site because I too followed quest form an egg

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:03 pm 
Site Admin

To good not to post...From Facebook

An incredible story of 'brotherly love' from Duncan Mill that deserves to have its own post! VELCRO continues to amaze us with his flying skills and now he has done something even more amazing!
    THOR was back on the roof of the nest building after his second rescue last night and ready to start another day. When he took flight this afternoon from the southwest corner of the roof, he headed into open space and we had no idea where he was going to land. Suddenly, another falcon took off at jet speed after him and guided him back, but THOR, now heading towards #225, looked like he was going to hit the building. Again, he was intercepted and guided back to the roof of the nest building where both falcons landed safely. When we looked through our bins, we were flabbergasted! to find that it was not a parent but his brother VELCRO!!!! who came to his assistance. I immediately took this photo (Velcro on the left). An intervention like this is done by a parent, and none of the fledge watchers have witnessed another fledgling performing this action!! Way to go VELCRO

pic by Lucie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:38 pm 

:loveshow: :loveshow:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:18 am 

amazing . we learn something new every day

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:40 am 

From Canadian Peregrine Foundation Facebook page :

Quote:
Update from Duncan Mill ..
LOKI enters the limelight! Last week, LOKI came to ground and I thought he was such an easy rescue. Turns out poor little fellow was banged up bad so he did not argue. He was given some down time and put back on the roof to recuperate. But, as it happened, we had to 'get help' and LOKI was taken to Toronto Wildlife Centre on Sunday, where we were very happy to find that he was just bruised and there were no fractures or breaks!! TWC was awesome and released him back into the care of CPF .. lucky little dude got to stay at the NASH B&B, where he was pampered and fed .. and Monday morning brought back up to the nest roof, fed some more and released. Well, before we even got down the elevator and back to the fledge watch area, he was flapping his wings and showing that he was ready to go! But he didn't go that day!! On Tuesday morning however, he was found on the ground near number 225 and then took a low flight around the building and landed on a low ledge. Spooked by some strange sound, he took off and landed on a transformer!! just outside number 240 where I now started to watch him. I'm assuming he had enough of the robins, sparrows and goldfinches voicing their displeasure that he finally left and headed south between number 225 and number 255 and .. I lost him. I spent the rest of the day searching and hoping .. and then .. at the end of the day, fellow fledge watcher Cathy and I went up the parking garage where we spotted him on a nearby school roof. The day ended well and I'm hoping for more good news tomorrow. Some photos from today and yesterday .. Cheers, Lucie

Post subject: Re: DON MILLS, 2018-2019
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:52 pm 

:newsnow6: :NEWYEAR17: 2019

Rfalconcam

:newyear8:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:58 pm 
Global Moderator

:newyear14: :newyear11: :newyear14:
Thanks Terka!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:14 am 

Dutch Eagle Fan wrote:
Canada news:
Quote:
!!! Some great news from the Duncan Mills nest site and Quest!! Egg(s)??? in the nest box!!
March 29, 2019 - Toronto - Don Mills
Mark Nash Reports:

Friday March 29th - 2019
Sadly, without a nest camera this season,, it’s back to our humble beginnings to get any detailed observations of the happenings going on, but my observations today yielded some very good news indeed.

Both adults are on territory as we say and VERY ACTIVE indeed, on and off of the nest ledge and in the nest box itself! It would appear that while full time incubation has not yet started,,, I believe that is at least one egg in the nest box,,, as Quest,,, (YES, it’s still QUEST from Rochester NY) :-)) was fiddling with something in the nest box,, and holding pretty tight inside - (although standing, not laying down incubating).

Her mate,, (sadly no band confirmation / information as yet),, delivered food to Quest to another roof top to the west of the nest building,, and she left the nest box and joined him to eat there…… well, joined him is not exactly what happened,, as she flew over to him,, snached the food from him,,, ate it,, then returned back to the nest box :-))

Over the next 30 minutes or so during my observation, she remained standing upright in the nest box,, never actually laying down, BUT it was obvious that she had something in the nest box that she was “pussy-footing” around and fiddling with. The sun was really warm, with temps in the double digits of 10C and absolutely no wind,, it was a delightful warming observation period indeed.

Stay tuned….. more to come…..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:17 pm 

From Canadian Peregrine Foundation

And we have at least 3!!
May 11, 2019 - Toronto - Don Mills
Cathy Kerr Reports:
As reported earlier, we confirmed a hatch on Tuesday. So Sally and I decided to spend some time Saturday trying to see how many….. And we weren’t disappointed!! We definitely saw 3 babies!!! And possibly a fourth, but it’s a long way from the parking garage roof top and we can’t confirm it… Yet!! We saw a feeding by Quest and Dad was across the way, watching from the roof top. We will be keeping an eye on this nest and we will keep you posted!!

:hatchegg: :hatchegg: :hatchegg: (?)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:12 pm 

Canadian Peregrine Foundation

21 maj 03:24 ·

Update from Don Mills:

:hatchegg: :hatchegg: :hatchegg: :hatchegg:

Before I post Sally's report, I need to update her update lol!! When I was going through my pictures of Quest and her babies, I found a fourth!! Yes, its 4 babies for Quest and Mystery!! Congrats!! Going to be a fun fledge watch :)
From Sally:
Cathy and I met up on Saturday to check on our family. We couldn't have timed it better. We had not been there long before we heard calling right above us. Looked up and saw a food exchange from Mystery (Mr E) to Quest.

We got our cameras out just in time to capture Quest flying in to the nest to feed the 3 eyases (we were able to confirm 3 because they all perked up from their nap when she brought their lunch!)

The babies have definitely grown a lot from our last check the weekend before. Wow! We've watched Quest and other sites for years now, but are still amazed at how quickly they grow.

We drove up to the parking arcade roof again to get a better look. Once again we could hear the affectionate chup chup sounds as Quest fed her babies. So sweet.

After lunch, the babies pancaked back down on their tummies. One moved into the sunshine, then sat up, flapped his or her wings, pooped and settle back down.

We will be back to check next weekend. Enjoy the pics!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 11:26 pm 

2 boys and 2 girls for QUEST and MYSTERY GUY!!

Each name bears special meaning to those who selected them.
Welcome DOHA (f, Z/70, 985g, 26 days, red tape), RZLBD (m, C/57, 715g, 26 days, yellow tape), MATRIX (m, C/58, 720g, 25 days, green tape), BOBAK (f, Z/71, 965g, 25 days, blue tape)

We extend a huge thank you to Reza Aliabadi, who invited us to do the banding in his office. The nest ledge is located outside his window and he gets the best view of this family! Since moving in last year, he has been watching Quest, Mystery guy, and their kids, and you can follow his photos on instagram: khatoon_falcon

It was a pleasure to meet him, his staff and a couple of his clients, who absolutely adore the peregrines and were so excited to be a part of this event!

The first photo (after our matriarch) is Reza and RZLBD (nicknamed Rzee). He is named after Reza's boutique art and architecture practice: Atelier RZLBD

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:29 am 

Sally Reports
June 16, 2019 - Toronto - Don Mills
Marion Nash Reports:
Cathy, Lucie and I arrived at Quest and Mystery’s site to hear that “Red” aka DoHa had come to ground from where she’d spent the night. With Bob, Marion and I positioned with good views of the roof, Mark and Cathy took DoHa up to the 220 roof for release.

She appeared quite soon after, but didn’t really vocalize for a long time, and we didn’t see the parents for a while either. Eventually she called when seeing Quest, but no food brought over.

By this stage her brothers had spotted her, and did some fly overs, settling on the upper roof above her, before continuing with their crazy chasing games, not staying still for long. Super fliers! Mystery gets no peace and quiet now.

With so many theories of where Bobak could have ended up yesterday, Cathy and Lucie walked around the block to check out the lower buildings and shrubbery that we hadn’t had a chance to check the day before. Mystery was on a low building in the direction they walked, and as we’ve seen first-hand, the parents often reveal the location, so why was he hanging out in that spot… No discovery though so they walked back to where Bob and I were watching DoHa, as she’d turtle walked and flapped around the perimeter of the roof retaining wall.

As we grumbled that we might be in for another six or more hour roof watch, rain came through (not too heavy) and DoHa screamed across at her brothers being fed opposite her. We were happy to see Quest bring food over and feed her (a substantial feeding!). She ran and screamed after Quest for more food, but was eventually left alone on the roof for a while. RZee and Matrix flew to join her at some point and we enjoyed some beak kissing between DoHa and one of her brothers. So sweet.

Meandering back and forth then stopping to preen is DoHa’s speciality and sure enough, no flight attempt until 8:15pm! She flew over us, bumped 225, recovered and flew off around the side of 220 building, surprised us again with a returning flight over Valleybrook, then back again towards 220 but losing steam, landing on a hydro pole. Yikes. We had run to see where she might end up, and realized we’d turned the radios off and packed them away thinking she was going to stay put. SO, lesson for today was do not turn off the radios until it’s dark!

DoHa preened and attempted settle down on top of the pole, looking up at a few visits from her brothers, who watched her from a neighbouring building and kept flying over as if to coax her back to buildings with ledges (we noticed they flew in as if to redirect her. Good boys!) Nope, she discovered it’s quite nice to rest against a hydro pole insulator, and probably thinks it’s quite an upgrade from a low meagre parking light! This year, it’s “roof or bust” for this group. They haven’t been on the building ledges too often, but seem to favour all the roof tops or top balconies of the copper building. We’re hoping DoHa discovers that ledges are great fun tomorrow. No sign of the parents of siblings as we closed the watch with DoHa on the hydro pole

ImageImage

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:32 am 

Spot checks continue…All three doing great!!!

June 18, 2019 - Toronto - Don Mills

Cathy Kerr Reports:
Sally and I dropped by last night and saw all three sitting on 225 with a parent! I drove by tonight, still hoping to see our missing girl, but sadly no sign of her :( …..BUT I did see all three juvies! All staying high and hanging close together…just love it!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 1:04 pm 

Congrats to Quest & Mystery!!

May 03, 2020 - Toronto - Don Mills

Cathy Kerr Reports:

:hatchegg: :hatchegg: :hatchegg:

I can finally confirm at least 3 hatches for Quest and Mystery!!
It was a warm day and Quest was too hot in the nest box, so she hung out on the edge,
allowing me to get some pictures of the box.
I was quite far away but you can see the little bobbleheads at the back of the nest box.
The first picture is of Mystery with the babies, all the rest are of Quest.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 2:58 pm 

Banding Day! It’s 2 girls and a boy for Jenna & Chester!

May 20, 2020 - Toronto - Don Mills and Eglinton - Amexon

Cathy Kerr Reports:
Another 2 bandings today! First up-Don Mills/Amexon/ICICI-It’s 2 girls and a boy for Jenna & Chester!
Welcome: Eleven(female, 720g, banded Z/34, Red tape),
Hopper(male, 545g, banded 08/AW, Blue tape)
and Rey(female, 630g, banded Z/33, Green tape).

The girls were very loud and fiesty, Hopper was a tad quiet but he was also the youngest so…

Jenna & Chester were very on full alert and attack-Jenna knocked Marks helmet off and then grabbed his hat on the way back!! She took it-Mark watched as she tried to tear it and then drop it in the parking lot! There! You take my kids, I take your hat lol! Mark was fine and even found his hat after! Mom & Dad were very happy to have the kids back, safe and sound Looking forward to a busy fledge watch

photos:
click]http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2020/05/sightings/banding-day-its-2-girls-and-a-boy-for-jenna-chester/[/click]

Profile E-mail