Bird Cams Around the World

Peregrine Falcons, Eagles, Kestrels, Ospreys, Owls and Much, Much More!!!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Berry College 2020
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:03 am 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night on the nest. At 7:22 this morning, Pa arrived with a stick and placed it near the right rails, then to the bowl to aerate. He stood a bit, then went to the left branch at 7:27 and flew seconds later for the day. Ma arrived to the nest at about 3:12 this afternoon and eventually she preens for awhile. At 3:30, she went to the left branch and flew seconds later for the day. The nest remains empty as I leave at 1:02 am.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:25 pm 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night on the nest. There were no eagle visits today. The nest remains empty as I leave at 11:25 pm.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:01 am 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night on the nest. Pa arrived at 7:30 this morning with a stick that he placed between the right and front rails, then he moved a stick from the floor to the right rails, stood a bit, made adjustments to the rails. Up to the left branch at 7:35 and flew seconds later. Pa flew in to the left branch at 11:57 and down to the nest seconds later to aerate the bowl and look around. Then to the left rails for adjustments, off to the rear rails to look around, stood in the bowl a bit, then to the right rails to adjust. To the rear rails at 12:04 and flew out for the day. The nest remains empty as I leave at 12:00 am.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:55 pm 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night on the nest. Pa to the left branch at 10:04 this morning and immediately hopped down to the bowl to move debris out, to the rear rails to adjust, then stood a bit. At 10:08, he hopped up to the right branch and flew out for the day a minute later. There were heavy rains at the nest from Delta earlier this eve. The nest remains empty as I leave at 11:52 pm.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:12 am 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night. They did not come to the nest today. It remains empty as I leave at 1:10 am.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:24 am 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night. Pa arrived at 12:31 this afternoon to the nest and went to the bowl. He moved debris out, aerated, then stood for the remainder of his visit looking around. To the left branch at 1:19 and flew seconds later. He was back at 3:10, stood a bit, then down into the bowl to move out debris and aerate, stood a bit fluffed out some. Next he turned a circle, yawned, looked around, preened a couple times for only seconds. He moved toward the rear of the nest and flew out for the day at 3:31. The nest remains empty as I leave at 12:23 am.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:32 pm 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night. Pa to the nest at 5:37 this evening. He stood a bit, then aerated the bowl. Then he stood for awhile when finished aerating. To the left branch at 6:12 and flew seconds later. He returned at 7:17 to the nest and rearranged a stick on the rear rails eventually placing it to the left rails. To the bowl for deep aeration that leaves behind a noticeable cup after he's done. To the rear rails for work. He stood for awhile before hopping up to the right branch at 7:27 and scooted up out of sight. He flew out for the night at 7:29 as per seeing his right wing only outstretched for takeoff. The nest remains empty as I leave at 11:31 pm.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:24 pm 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night. Pa arrived to the nest at 7:20 something this morning with a pine bough and placed to the front rail with a quick snip to one of its stems, then finally placed it to the rear rails with another snip to remove a stem from it. He continued to work on the rear rails some. He went to the left branch at 7:30 and flew seconds later. Pa returned to the nest at 9:59 with a multi-stemmed stick and after numerous tries about different rails, he decided on placing it to the left rails (Pa almost always tries his sticks on several sides of the rails before he makes his final decision). A mockingbird arrived to the tree and harassed Pa, even tapping him twice. Pa began watching the bird and it came back and tapped him 2 more times! :teehee: It continued to harass Pa for awhile by swooping toward him. Finally Pa adjusted the rear rails and flew out at 10:11. Pa returned to the nest at 1:46 with another pine bough that he eventually placed to the rear rails after trying out on other rails. He removed a pine cone from the bowl, then stood for awhile and seemed to be watching something out from the nest at intervals. He flew out the rear of the nest at 2:17 for the day. Ma has not been to the nest since Wednesday, 1 week ago. :girlsad3: Hoping she is okay and will return soon. The nest remains empty as I leave at 11:23 pm.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:06 am 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night. Pa arrived at 7:18 this morning and flew at 7:22 per chat. There were no further eagle visits today. The nest remains empty as I leave at 12:04 am.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:28 am 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night. Pa to the nest this morning at 8:42 with a large stick he placed to the front rails. Then he went to the rear rails for work. Next to the bowl to move out debris, stood a bit. To the left branch at 8:49 and flew seconds later. He returned to the nest at 1:05 with a multi-stemmed stick that got hung up on the left rails. He was able to free it and finally places it to the rear rails, then adjusts. To the bowl to remove debris and aerate. Afterwards he stood in the bowl and looked around. He flew out the rear at 2:13. Pa returned at 7:09 to the wall of the bowl and stood and looked outward from the nest all around and even upwards a couple times. At 7:13 he gets completely in the bowl to stand. A minute later, to the rear rails and pulled a stick from there and placed it to the curve of the rear and right rails, then he snipped off a couple stems from it and takes it back to the rear rails with more adjustments. He stood and looked around a bit, then more rail work. He flew out the rear at 7:24 for the night. The nest remains empty as I leave at 12:27 am.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:01 pm 

mom has been seen by ground crew by GL and she is doing good.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:14 pm 

MOM just landed a few ago, at 2:01pm and now she is lying in nest. I was just sitting here watching dad as he had just come in and saw her flying in from north east.

will try and post more photos later if time

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:20 pm 

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:11 am 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night. I have spent time trying to find out about Iniko a juvie condor I have been following through troubled times and am too tired to post tonight, but will try to do so tomorrow. Edit to add: Came in on DVR and found Pa at 5:30 this morning perched on the right branch asleep with his back to us. Curious as to when he came in as I did not see him even an hour or two later than I posted last night and I always check the approach cam too right before I go to bed. He awakens at 6:30 and preens. At 7:16 he scoots down the right branch and onto the nest and adjusted a stick on the rail. To the left branch at 7:18 and flew seconds later. Unfortunately, my last check on the nest was at 2:00 and guess who showed up at 2:01 ... Ma! I did not come back till 3:04 when I did see Ma and Pa on the nest. Unable to go back on DVR to see her come in as there had been a reset, so the following was taken from chat. Pa in at 2:00, Ma in at 2:01. Pa out at 2:12. He returned at 2:14 with a stick. Pa flew at 2:33. He returned at 2:59. Using the DVR, I came in at 3:04 and found Ma standing on the nest and Pa standing in the bowl. At 3:08, Pa begins moving debris out and aerating. At 3:09, he backs out of the bowl some and more aeration. He stood a bit and watched something outward from the nest with great intensity and eventually relaxes. At 3:20 it's back to the bowl to aerate, then he accidently moves Ma's talons during his work because she is in the way standing there while he is trying to move debris out and about. :teehee: He stood a bit. At 3:23, he went to the right rails for work and Ma backs out of his way more to the rear of the nest. Pa to the rear floor to work, then the rails. Pa to the right branch at 3:27 and flew a couple minutes later. Ma continues to stand on the rear of the nest. Pa returned at 3:33 with a stick and places it about the nest and rails finally settling on the front rail. Next to the left rails for adjustments, then back to near the bowl and stood a bit. Pa to the right branch at 3:44 and flew seconds later. He returned at 3:47 with a multi-stemmed stick and after trying it out at different places, he settled on the curve of the right and front rails and snipped off some of the stems sticking up, then moved it to different rails again before finally settling on the right rails, then more rail work. Ma is standing on the rear rails. Pa aerates the bowl then heads to the rear rails. Ma tries to keep her balance on the rails while doing a PS. They stood for awhile. Pa to the front rails at 4:21 to work, then stood for a bit. To the rear rails at 4:24 to work. Then stood at 4:26. Pa to the bowl at 4:31 and moves out debris, then aeration. At 4:34, he stood on the rim of the bowl facing Ma who continues to perch on the rear rails. A minute later he is working on the rear rails and Ma heads to the bowl to aerate and he turns and assists her. (TBC) The nest remains empty as I leave at 1:06 am.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:04 am 

Gosh, SWINWK! We all appreciate your dedication to updating us on so many nests.
Go to bed and get some rest! :offtobed: :zzzzz
I saw your update on Iniko. Hope Redwood Queen takes in the visiting male. :flirty:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:28 pm 

:eggthumb: Gigi, I hope so too as long as he does not hurt Iniko or prevent Redwood Queen from continuing to care for him/her. Iniko will remain dependent on Redwood Queen for another 6-12 months at this point. So don't know if Ninja will assist with that or resist that being done or try to bring in another female there or just move on.

:1val: Ma did not spend the night on the nest. Pa arrived at 7:14 this morning. He started his work by moving a stray stick from the floor to the rails, then placed it back on the floor? He aerated the bowl, then stood a bit. To the left branch at 7:19, then flew a minute later. He returned at 9:09 with a clump of prey, possibly the remains of a bird, and ate. Next to the bowl to move fluff about. Back to his prey remains to eat more. Next to the bowl to aerate. To the rear rails to work and look around. He flew out the rear at 9:32. Pa returned at 10:13 and stood a bit. Then he picked through the nest floor eating small tidbits of his prey remains he could find. To the rear rails at 10:38 and he flew. Pa returned at 7:15 this evening to the left branch and remained perched till he went down to the nest at 7:17. No work. Up to the rear rails at 7:18 and he flew out for the day. The nest remains empty as I leave at 11:27 pm.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:45 am 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night. Pa to the nest at 7:26 this morning. He went to the bowl and moved out sticks, then stood. To the left branch at 7:31 and flew seconds later. Pa returned at 10:00 with a long, multi-stemmed stick that he got a little entangled in as he placed to the rear rails, but was able to free himself. He adjusted it several times, then stood a bit. To the bowl to aerate, then up on the nest floor and stood. He flew from the rear rail at 10:21 for the day. The nest remains empty as I leave at 12:47 am.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:34 pm 

visitor at nest today. a bout 4 years old. did not stay long.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:18 am 

:1val: Ma did not spend the night. At 10:47 this morning, a female bald eagle intruder arrived to the right branch and down to the nest. She still has terminal bands on her tailfeathers and I believe her age lies somewhere between 3 1/2 and 4 years old. She picked through some of the fluff and sticks on the nest floor. At one point couldn't tell if she was spooked or just jumped from the floor to the front rail, base of left branch area. She looked around and messed with the front rails and looked around more. At 10:51, up on the left branch and turns with her back to us and eventually partially obscured. She calls out, then a couple more, couple more. She is vocal at intervals calling out. She flew at 10:57 for the day. Very interesting who she was calling out to and why? There were no more eagle visits today. The nest remains empty as I leave at midnight. Scroll down to the second frame to see chart that shows age progression in the half years. With her calling out, it made me wonder if she has met Pa, was she hatched here, was she calling out to another eagle she may be traveling with or if she was brave enough to call out to an eagle that must nest here? Also, here is a video by Kay Berry of her visit. Turn your sound up to hear her calling out when she is on the left branch.

"The Wilson Bulletin" that shows age progression of BE's in half years.

Subadult Bald Eagle visit video by Kay Berry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:37 am 

Thank you!

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next